I'd like your opinions on this bag I saw today!

naachyan

Mar 21, 2012
Somewhere Quiet.
Hi everyone.

I passed by the MBMJ store today to look at small cosmetics cases and things like that, and saw this bag on sale.

What do you guys think of it? I've been wanting a tan colored satchel for a while.. I was thinking of getting a Mulberry Alexa, but this is OK, too. Opinions?

Attachments

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
Canada
Alexa is slouchier and can be carried as a satchel, this one looks more like a school bag.

However, Alexa is made of horrible leather for it price, I had it and returned, it looks like Target bag, not at all classic Mulberry quality.

dds262

Dec 8, 2012
On my bike
Those flap closures look like a PITA to me - which would make me not buy it, I love cognac leather - but as the previous poster mentioned - I am not sure I like the look or feel in person of that bag.

Not sure of the price range you are looking for but the Proenza Schouler PS1 satchel in saffron or there is another color more cognac(y) that might work - I own the saffron and love it - the straps are similar - but there is also a clasp that holds it shut - which is what I use.

Mariapia

Feb 21, 2012
France
It makes me think of a school bag too....
Satchels are very trendy, nearly all brands have one...

naachyan

Mar 21, 2012
Somewhere Quiet.
Thanks, everyone!! This was really going to be an impulse purchase that I would've regretted (only because it's on sale purchase) - I need to focus on my wishlist!!

In regards to the closure, it's actually a magnetic snap closure on the back of the leather, hehe.

enshogirl

O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
NH, USA
Yeah, your instinct not to do the impulse buy was right. Even if you got that bag on a good sale, you'd still be yearning for the Mulberry. I've done this a few times myself. You end up spending more money in the long run because you end up buying the sale bag and, eventually, the bag you really wanted.

angelicjulie

Handbags & Heels
O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
uk.ebid.net
i was tempted by the same bag but in black, i picked it up had a good hold, looked in the mirror but i decided as just 'ok' and i could live without it. i already have an alexa anyway and this MbMJ can't beat the mulberry

indiaink

Eh
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
What is the brass thing on the front - is one supposed to insert some type of card there?

This bag looks very 'young'. :smile:

Blanterns

Jan 4, 2013
Alexa is the ultimate satchel IMO. It is very everyday use and classic. I'd go for oak regular Alexa than this one. I guarantee that it never dies.