I'd like your opinions on this bag I saw today!

_blush_

O.G.
Mar 21, 2012
Hi everyone.

I passed by the MBMJ store today to look at small cosmetics cases and things like that, and saw this bag on sale.

What do you guys think of it? I've been wanting a tan colored satchel for a while.. I was thinking of getting a Mulberry Alexa, but this is OK, too. Opinions?

Attachments

• p421888_tan_1.jpg
    p421888_tan_1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 615
Alexa is slouchier and can be carried as a satchel, this one looks more like a school bag.

However, Alexa is made of horrible leather for it price, I had it and returned, it looks like Target bag, not at all classic Mulberry quality.

Those flap closures look like a PITA to me - which would make me not buy it, I love cognac leather - but as the previous poster mentioned - I am not sure I like the look or feel in person of that bag.

Not sure of the price range you are looking for but the Proenza Schouler PS1 satchel in saffron or there is another color more cognac(y) that might work - I own the saffron and love it - the straps are similar - but there is also a clasp that holds it shut - which is what I use.

Thanks, everyone!! This was really going to be an impulse purchase that I would've regretted (only because it's on sale purchase) - I need to focus on my wishlist!!

In regards to the closure, it's actually a magnetic snap closure on the back of the leather, hehe.

Yeah, your instinct not to do the impulse buy was right. Even if you got that bag on a good sale, you'd still be yearning for the Mulberry. I've done this a few times myself. You end up spending more money in the long run because you end up buying the sale bag and, eventually, the bag you really wanted.

i was tempted by the same bag but in black, i picked it up had a good hold, looked in the mirror but i decided as just 'ok' and i could live without it. i already have an alexa anyway and this MbMJ can't beat the mulberry