I wore my Artsy for the first time and hated it

My artsy is four years old and pretty comfy. I have a toddler and use it without a problem for quick trips. It took awhile for the handle to break in but it is now very slouchy. Here are some pics to show you how the artsy ages if you have patience to break her in. Good luck!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406161675.250304.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406161695.322720.jpg

Thank you so much everyone!! It's a really tough decision! I wish I could buy all the bags and just rotate them lol. I think I'm going to give her a chance. I've been wanting it for so long and I feel like if I return it, I'll still want it.

Reactions: MrsHinzo
I lusted over this bag and when DH surprised me with it years ago, I was over the moon. Sadly, this has never been my favorite bag. I find it bulky to carry. It's large and wide. I wanted something that would slouch and smoosh and this bag just hasn't done that for me. The bag is so beautiful - one of the prettiest LV has ever produced IMO. Can you afford to keep it and use it here and there, or do you need to get good daily use out of it? If you need to use it all the time and don't see this as a fit, then sell it and get something you will truly love.

Thank you so much everyone!! It's a really tough decision! I wish I could buy all the bags and just rotate them lol. I think I'm going to give her a chance. I've been wanting it for so long and I feel like if I return it, I'll still want it.

You won't regret it! This coming from someone who walked away from that bag several times! It does get better and the bag is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Reactions: MrsHinzo
My artsy is four years old and pretty comfy. I have a toddler and use it without a problem for quick trips. It took awhile for the handle to break in but it is now very slouchy. Here are some pics to show you how the artsy ages if you have patience to break her in. Good luck!View attachment 2695554View attachment 2695555

Beautiful! I am a little nervous! I have 2 preloved arriving tomorrow. Op maybe just give it a little more time.:biggrin:

I love my Artsy. It is a beautiful bag, but it is not all that comfortable after two years and can get heavy. I'm keeping it because I love the look, but when I know I'm going to be out in crowds or running lots of errands I usually choose another bag (Totally, Delightful..) because I know the Artsy will get on my nerves a little. There are not many bags I choose beauty and sacrifice comfort, but I must say I do that with this bag. I hope you enjoy your new bag! And if not sell and get something you will like better. It is a beauty though!

Return it. Try the Métis. Such a comfortable bag and moves to your body.
Metis is the best. I have been using her 2 weeks in a row! It wasn't love at first sight but she is awesome, and I own lots of LV's. No zipper but she sits perfectly. The 2 strap options are wonderful!!! Try it on. If you dislike everything about the Artsy exchange it. Once you use it and break it in you won't be able to. Good luck!

The Mono Artsy MM was my first LV gifted Mother's Day 2011 and I've probably used it about 10 times because I always felt it hurt my shoulder and was awkward. Until this spring I decided to wake it up from it's slumber and I've been using it continuously - for some reason it doesn't bother me anymore but I prefer not to put a lot of stuff in it because it does get heavy if I'm out for a long period of time!

I have a mono Artsy and the handle took a few months to break in. I would carry it to work or the grocery store (where I would put it in the shopping cart, LOL) to try to break it in. I also hung it overnight on a doorknob -resting on a towel--that definitely helped! It's not my go-to bag when I know I have to walk a lot but I love it and it's the most complimented bag I own. My comfy bags are NF (Azur or mono), Galliera, Delightful, Noe, and BH.

What about keeping the Artsy and getting a pre-loved BH? It doesn't have a zipper (just a clip closure) but it's extremely comfy, lightweight and since you don't seem to carry a lot- would be a good size for your things.