I waterproofed a Lambskin bag

Collonil waterstop has been highly recommended by many here on TPF. I personally have used it on virtually every type of bag I own (except LV canvas or Epi leather, which doesn’t need it). I have used it on Gucci suede, a pale yellow Balenciaga, beige Chanel caviar flap, beige Chanel deerskin, white Chanel lambskin, a suede and lambskin Chanel Boy, pink suede Ugg boots... this stuff is amazing and will leave absolutely no detectable residue whatsoever!!!

Reactions: PetiteAsian
Sorry to bring up an old topic but just want to make sure there aren’t any new recommendations. I own Apple garde and another spray in a white bottle with burgundy writing ( sorry can’t remember the name) that I bought for a different designer bag. Anyways I plan to use one of those on my lambskin black mini. Any other recommendations?

Just in case anyone here is interested, here's the results:

In the first photo, I splattered some water on the bottom of the bag. You can see the water forming into droplets on it, but doesn't get absorbed by the bag. Sorry, I wasn't brave enough to do this test before waterproofing it. so I have no idea how the water would behave on a non-waterproofed lambskin bag.

In the second photo, I had tilted the bag and let the water droplets roll off the bag. I wanted to see the "behavior" of the water. :smile: After that I simply wiped the leftover water droplets with a cloth. And the bag looks the same as before. No water damage.

Oh yes, I used the Collonil Waterstop spray initially. And since I also have the Cadillac Water Seal, I also used it to double waterproof it. It's probably redundant, but I just wanted to try the product. The results I got from just using the Collonil Waterstop spray are the same as using both the Collonil waterstop spray and the Cadillac Water Seal. I didn't see much of a change in texture or color of the bag with the waterproofing I did. Of course my human eye may not be good enough to detect slight changes, if there's any. I took these two photos in the bathroom under the white Flourescent lighting, and very close-up - that's why there's quite a fair bit of light reflection. The bag looks essentially the same before and after the waterproofing to my human eye. I do not know if the results I got would hold for bags of other colors.

I also did the same to my GST Caviar Black. I'm not sure if it's necessary to waterproof caviar but I did it anyway.

Hey, it’s now been years since you originally water proofed your bag. Do you think there was any long term detrimental effects to spraying? Or do you think the delicate leather has actually held up better Just waterproofed my bag and it wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be!

Curious to know if anyone has used the new collonil waterstop reloaded? It’s PFC free and I just purchased it but afraid to use it on my new black lambskin classic flap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 19