I wanted to make myself feel better about spending a whole paycheck on a bag. Does

i know exactly how u feel chachigirl :yes: i dont really spend that much coz my bf used to buy my bags but now he thinks im obsessed & he told me to stop this addiction...i dont even own as many bags as what i see on other TPFers collection! ( i would have to show him pics from this site one of these days hehehe)

Hi my name is Betsy and I am an addict.

We need to start a PA Purses Anonymous.

I also just spent a paycheck on a new LV BH. And beside my new LV I got 2 new Gucci's this month. HELP!!!!!

My husband just tells me as long as I work and earn a paycheck and we are not in debt. I deserve to enjoy my money and buy nice things that make me happy.

...even worse here:P , I don't have an income per say, since I have given up my career to be a SAHM. Hubby is the one who brings in the money. I have some ebaymoney on my own...

...One usually doesn't get that much credit for staying at home, so bags, shoes etc...are my "salary"!;)

I'm totally with you there:yes:

I did have some money set aside which i splurged last year, but it doesn't seem to go far when the average price of a decent bag is at least £400.
But i'm due to return to work this autumn:yahoo: so it'll soon be raining bags again!:graucho:

The way i see it - it's a real economy - the bags will last you forever if you look after them, surely that's better than spending £50 on a bag, only to have the things break on you after 2 months..??

Hi my name is Betsy/Robyn and I am an addict.

I agree with Betsy:shame: I too became a SAHM in 2003. I do consulting work for 2 businesses (15 hours weekly) and that pays for my Daughters competition dance tuition, costumes and all the other misc fees ($350.00 + monthly:cursing: ). The remaining portion of my checks go to all the other household bills less the mortgage. Whatever is left, BAGS, BAGS, BAGS.

My husband is really good about not complaining at the purchases, as he knows I will never spend more than we can afford or charge a bag that won't be paid off at the end of the month, BUT it is a Terrible addiction. Last month a Jimmy Choo Riki, A Chloe Betty and this month it was a Jimmy Choo Mahala:shame: :shame:
I have no idea how to get rid of this awful addiction:confused1: I need help:yes:

LOL you guys are not alone ...im a student so my income is the allowance my dad gives me ...which I must admit is quite hefty but still I have gas to pay, etc. with that and he gives me money to eat so at the end of the week I like pick up my change and put it in this tiffany bag from the necklace my boyfriend bought me and every few months I count that up, add a 200-300$ and get a new bag! I love our addiction, and lets admit it ...its alot better than being on DRUGS or something!

Lol. I pretty much spend all my money on purses. And I don't even have a steady income :P

But who cares, gotta live life today.

And like some1 said, no matter where I am im always thinkin' about what purse to purchase next or how to get it. I'm addicted, that's why bf put me on purse ban :sweatdrop:

I must admitt it's a sort of addiction, though I've never spent more than 250.00 € for a bag. Before buying a bag I search all around to save some money, I don't mind if the bag is gently used if I can save 200 €. And I usually focus on a particular bag, I try not to be impulsive when it comes to buy bags. Anyway, I don't smoke, don't take drugs, don't drink alcohol, can I have a small addiction?

I'm crazy but not THAT crazy! I'm a firm believer that if you really want something, 90% of the time, you can get it either on sale or some kind of discount, you've just gotta look! I can barely afford my sale shopping so I couldn't imagine if I bought all that I own full price! I think my closet would have like 5 things in it if that were the case!!

I am somehow over the guilt - but what astonishes me is how many of our PF'ers have such accommodating husbands or significant others! I have been having to hide stuff in the back of my closet and secretly open up accounts and borrow money from my MOM. I think I may have broken him in somewhat but when I read someone say (who has a collection to die for!) that "my DH was wondering when I am going to get my Chloe (150th one...)" I practically go catatonic in shock. Not many of the men I know - and they are really successful types - can fathom spending this much money on a purse. They'll buy their wives sportscars and enormous SUV's. They'll take them on European vacations for a month. Buy second vacation homes complete with boats. Huge McMansions with 4 car garages. Private schools for the kids. Country club memberships where they play golf incessantly. But anything more than $300 for a purse and they go ballistic. How come this doesn't happen to everyone else here?????:shocked:

I am somehow over the guilt - but what astonishes me is how many of our PF'ers have such accommodating husbands or significant others! I have been having to hide stuff in the back of my closet and secretly open up accounts and borrow money from my MOM. I think I may have broken him in somewhat but when I read someone say (who has a collection to die for!) that "my DH was wondering when I am going to get my Chloe (150th one...)" I practically go catatonic in shock. Not many of the men I know - and they are really successful types - can fathom spending this much money on a purse. They'll buy their wives sportscars and enormous SUV's. They'll take them on European vacations for a month. Buy second vacation homes complete with boats. Huge McMansions with 4 car garages. Private schools for the kids. Country club memberships where they play golf incessantly. But anything more than $300 for a purse and they go ballistic. How come this doesn't happen to everyone else here?????:shocked:

I wonder too about the TPF husbands. Mine says "Oh it look like a purse" and "Stop spending money on purses. How many did you buy this month?" At first he couldn't believe how much I spent because I was the fiscally smart one and an accountant when we met and would fight me. He's given up for the most part but still makes comments. I'm glad to see some are more accomondating.

Hi my name is Betsy and I am an addict.

I also just spent a paycheck on a new LV BH. And beside my new LV I got 2 new Gucci's this month. HELP!!!!!

My husband just tells me as long as I work and earn a paycheck and we are not in debt. I deserve to enjoy my money and buy nice things that make me happy.

I want to trade husbands...I've worked for 31 years as a teacher and mine thinks that I'm an addict. Last night he started in at dinner about how many purses I have, and my 23 year old son told him to leave me alone as his dad spends a ton on golf. I raised my son well-didn't I?:yes:

Mine TOTALLY encourages it. I always take him with me for his opinion on what he likes the best. I go in planning on buying only one and then when I ask him which he likes better over half of the time he will tell me just buy both or sometimes just buy all 3. He always tells me that I work and contribute equally I should be able to buy what ever makes me happy as long as we can afford it and are not going into debit. And it is not like either of us makes a lot of money either. My new LV was almost a complete paycheck. We are just pretty lucky right now. We have lived in the same apartment for 17 years (low rent), have no kids and have no car payment. I figure the average families car payment a month is a purse for me. We also do not go out very much. He has his addictions also. Mostly DVD's and I don't say anything about what he buys either. That is why our marriage has lasted almost 20 years

I finally talked myself into making my latest purchase by telling myself that I usually make more than it cost in a week. I don't have that many bags though and now i'm not buying any more until I get myself caught up with the IRS. Oh, the amount of bags I could buy with what I owe them!

I probably spend too much money on bags, and I sometimes feel guilty about it, but I've yet to spend a whole paycheck on one bag. That's one of the reasons that I'm staying out of that Hermes Forum! :lol: