I want to buy my first H belt...opinions needed

tweezer

O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
I want to buy my first H belt (for my B.Day) and would love to know the difference between the H and constance belts. Which one do you ladies prefer and why? What's the difference bewteen the two? Are they both reversible? Are there pictures posted anywhere of both? Thank you so much in any of your help/opinions in this.:smile:

I think the Constance belt buckle is larger than the H, but I'm not positive. I went with the Muse buckle because I like the design, but if I went with one of the H's, I'd go with the smaller one. There should be pictures on Hermes.com.

I went for the Constance one on my wishlist.....I think its a small one? After reading Ouijas post I'm wondering if there is one or two sizes?

Funny because I shied away from it at first thinking it was too obviously Hermes with the big-ish H .The more I saw of it on here,and thought its not as instantly recognisable as some other branded logos,I began to really fall for it and put one on my birthday wishlist.
MaiTai has pics of the Muse one on her blog that you can see modelled beautifully,its a lovely design!

i know there is a small H and a bigger H
are they constance ? or they H buckle.... very confuse....
Mine is the normal one, u can see it worn by men and women.

^^^^ I just found the pic of MaiTai with her muse belt buckle...I looked on the US Hermes website,there are belt kits with a H design,and then separately there was the Constance....I think I am a bit confused,I thought mine was a Constance but after looking at the website my buckle is there under the belts kits section....maybe its the samller H?

attachment.php

My H belt (USD570)

usa.hermes.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/images/catalog/product/belts/item/default/052170CK05_052000CAAA_init.jpg

and my mirage belt, not muse :P

usa.hermes.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/images/catalog/product/belts/item/default/052174CB86_052000CAAA.jpg

And this is the constance.... the H is different from the above H buckle and lot more pricey (USD980)

usa.hermes.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/images/catalog/product/belts/item/default/051105CKAA.jpg

^^^ I can't see pics sweetie...

But reading between the pic info blurb..the Constance is a separate belt altogether.Mine is definately one from the belts kits as its not the same price,so that must make it the H buckle as you say.Hmm,learn something new everyday!!!

To answer Tweezers question....after looking at the website the Constance is reversible,and I asked for the H one I have as I like the 'brushed' finish,I thought it was quite understated,and for me personally I don't so much go for 'bright' or polished finishes,thats just me though.
I do however,think either finish is lovely depending on your style and what look you go for.

let me save the pics to my pc.. and upload again..

Attachments

• H belt.jpg
    H belt.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,434
  • constance1.jpg
    constance1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,298
  • mirage.jpg
    mirage.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 949
The belt kits are really fun! :smile:

Like Robee I have the H and Muse buckles, both in silver. The beauty is that you can mix and match the buckles with the reversible straps... and kid yourself into thinking you've actually got eight belts for the price of two :lol: They don't sell buckles alone, the number of buckles you buy has to be equal or less than the number of straps... which makes sense!

The pictures on the H website are pretty good, but if you want to make sure, it's worth having a look at them in real life. I chose the unisex belt kit, the ladies size is narrower and is very pretty but has fewer strap and buckle combinations to choose from.

Good luck and let us know how you get on ...and happy birthday! :yahoo:

Last edited: