I want to buy my first H belt...opinions needed

The Constance is the narrower buckle aimed at women as opposed to the classic larger H buckle which is unisex

FYI you can't buy the buckle on it's own only the straps on their own

I thought the Constance was the huge H, i'm wearing mine today. The strap is much wider, fits snugly in jeans and the H is about twice the size. Mine is probably for men only, my OH bought me it, now i'm thinking it's a pressie for himself i'm allowed to borrow. :nogood:
Sorry, I probably really confused things...

I just bought the unisex H, and it is a perfect size buckle. Fits into belt loops of my jeans perfectly, if that helps.Wait, I mean the belt not the buckle fits into my belt loops! I didn't try the constance (even tho that's my name! haha!).

Plus, the Constance is alot more pricey. Not sure why?

Here's my pic with it (sorry it's blurry)

Attachments

• misc 018.JPG
    misc 018.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 277
Thank you all for your replies and pics! I will check them out at the store and will let you know which one I decide on. :biggrin: It looked like from some of the photos I've seen online that the Constance buckle is slightly different than the H one and alot more $ not even sure if it's reversible? but other than that can not tell why one is so much more...confusing isn't it?? Thanks again!

^^^^ I just checked for you as I have a tab with the Hermes website open,the Constance is reversible....but it doesn't say what other color options there are for the straps..so I can't help you on that bit.I'm sure one of the more experienced members can chime in and say wether or not there are other strap options and help you more (I can't see why there would'nt be in truth,but I don't want to say anything with any authority when I'm not 100% certain)

MOOKS

In Manchester you can buy the buckles on their own - I was shown the sterling silver muse which is for sale on its own so is the engraved H and the brushed paladium?????

The Constance is the narrower buckle aimed at women as opposed to the classic larger H buckle which is unisex

FYI you can't buy the buckle on it's own only the straps on their own

MOOKS

In Manchester you can buy the buckles on their own - I was shown the sterling silver muse which is for sale on its own so is the engraved H and the brushed paladium?????

If you order online, the number of buckles has to be less than or equal to the number of straps you purchase. I suspect this is to deter fraudsters. Instore maybe they allow their loyal and regular customers to purchase buckles individually?

Speaking of online... the UK H site has just had some new stock listed...
I'm supposed to be sitting here typing up my thesis... but I might have just ordered one of the two black CDC bracelets they had, and maybe also the pink Les Cles cashmere scarf which I'd been admiring for a while :whistle:

Last edited:
The belt kits are really fun! :smile:

Like Robee I have the H and Muse buckles, both in silver. The beauty is that you can mix and match the buckles with the reversible straps... and kid yourself into thinking you've actually got eight belts for the price of two :lol: They don't sell buckles alone, the number of buckles you buy has to be equal or less than the number of straps... which makes sense!

The pictures on the H website are pretty good, but if you want to make sure, it's worth having a look at them in real life. I chose the unisex belt kit, the ladies size is narrower and is very pretty but has fewer strap and buckle combinations to choose from.

Good luck and let us know how you get on ...and happy birthday! :yahoo:

i can even share with DH, but he was not keen, lucky me :P

^ Really? That's new then: when I bought mine in Bond St last year I was categorically told I could only buy the belt strap separately, not the buckle (mine is the unisex version).

Me too,when I first inquired about them it was both together or a single strap...but never the buckle on its own.

As far as I can tell the big H is 'constance' just as the Constance bag has the big H as a fastening. There is small and size ( described as for women on the ecommerce website) and a larger one for 32mm width belts (described as for men on the website but, for people with my attitudes and girth, actually unisex).
The new Hermes concession in Selfridges in Manchester is really making a feature of selling the belts - there is a version of the constance buckle in the window in a hammered metal finish which is really, really lustworthy.

Les Tambours

yes ive seen it - stunning arent we lucky to have 2 h shops plus fab staff?! bond st H doesnt compare staff wise to me - SA I saw didnt know the difference/names of scarves etc etc

Yes indeedy hermeschiuk! I know the staff at the main shop were very careful in their staff selection and they have ' got them young' to induct in the ways of true righteousness. As next season's scarves don't ring any bells with me I think I'll be getting a belt. Hard for me to drag myself away from the King Street store though as the staff there have been very kind to me over the years.

The belt display at King Street feels a bit like a forbidden sweet as it is tucked in a corner almost behind the scarf counter - I always feel awkward squeezing by to fondle the leather but Selfridges has a better flow around the counters and the belt section is very well lit right by the bags.
Now, you've just persuaded me to go to town for a spot of window shopping!