I want to buy a Chanel bag. (the 2.55)

Jul 11, 2009
Hello ladies!
My husband and I are planning to buy a 2.55 bag (black) for me. (:yahoo:)
We are planning to buy this at the "official" store in Paris, Rue Cambon no 31.

I do not have experience with buying from a official Chanel store.

(My Chanel sunglasses are from a chanel dealer in Ypres :smile:)

So I was wondering...

Can everybody get in that store from Chanel?
Are they polite?
Do they speak English / Dutch? (Our French is not so good... :P)
How should you ask if you want to buy a 2.55?
"Hello, I would like a 2.55 in black, jumbo please". That does not fit at all!

So any advice please?

I would APPRECIATE it really deep! :heart:

congrats on going to get your first bag :biggrin: while i have never had any experience buying at rue cambon, i can tell you that you would ask to see a black jumbo in __________ (lambskin or caviar leather) with __________ (gold or silver) hardware. i found that the SA's in paris generally speak some english, some better than others. good luck in your purchase!

Can everybody get in that store from Chanel?
Yes, it is just like almost any other store.

Are they polite?
I haven't been in that boutique (but in others) and I had very nice experiences and I heard many people had nice experiences there.

Do they speak English / Dutch? (Our French is not so good... :P)
Yes, but I think it is always polite to start in French. At least a Bonjour Madame.

How should you ask if you want to buy a 2.55?
"Hello, I would like a 2.55 in black, jumbo please". That does not fit at all!
They always have classic flaps in the store, so you can just point at the bag and say I would like to see this bag but with ... hardware ... colour

Good luck, you will never regret a classic flap!

Just go for IT! I was there back in April and everyone was friendly and helpful...my DH & I were even offered a beverage! (fyi: we were not dressed to the nine) Just remember to bring your passport everywhere so they can get your VAT paperwork in order (i brought mine but i noticed someone forgot and had to come back so they got a little annoyed).
You'll have a blast! I :heart: Paris!

I'm excited for you. I found French people very polite AS LONG AS you start the conversation with "Bonjour", so show some enthusiasm for France ;) . Have fun, Paris is awsome!

Its around 1900 euros. Sometimes its hard to get classic flap, they dont have it in store always...but there are a few chanel stores in Paris.
My adwice is to call the store and make shure that the bag will wait for you....good luck!

Oh okay :smile: The phone number can be found on the site or???

And does a lot fit in a jumbo?

I mean, I have a huge case for my Chanel sunglasses and it just does not fit in any of my bags...(I do have small bags...-

Should it fit than in a Jumbo?

Yeah, you can find the number on the official web site.
I dont know about fitting, coz Im waiting my jumbo to come next monday :woohoo:
A friend of mine bought it for me in Firence. But it was werry hard to find it. They even have waiting lists in some stores in Europe.

Oh, let me know what you can put in the jumbo the, finnfan! :smile:

Congrats with your bag! :yahoo:

check the what's in your chanel bag today sticky at the top of the forum - pages 32 and 35 have pics of peoples jumbos with stuff inside. while you would be able to fit your sunglass case in a jumbo, it would take up a LOT of room inside of it. it might also make the bag bulge in width slightly (depends on the size of the case)