I want to buy a Chanel bag. (the 2.55)

Hi! Just bought mine yesterday from the cambon store! I m walking on air right now! Ended up getting a chocolate-y lambskin jumbo, i m really careful and afraid i ll damage it now! As far as not touching stuff goes, i don't really agree, as long as you are careful. I touched a couple of bags and wallets, and there wasn't as much as a disaproving glance from anyone... By the way, i first spotted my bag at avenue montaigne, but the cambon sa was way nicer than the montaigne sa! But that really dependson the kind of person the sa is, too, not just the store...

Hi! Just bought mine yesterday from the cambon store! I m walking on air right now! Ended up getting a chocolate-y lambskin jumbo, i m really careful and afraid i ll damage it now! As far as not touching stuff goes, i don't really agree, as long as you are careful. I touched a couple of bags and wallets, and there wasn't as much as a disaproving glance from anyone... By the way, i first spotted my bag at avenue montaigne, but the cambon sa was way nicer than the montaigne sa! But that really dependson the kind of person the sa is, too, not just the store...

Aah. And have you called the store before you was gettin' your bag?

And congrats with ur bag! :yahoo:

Does somebody know how long the "waiting list" is?

Well I mean , if you call to the store,

how long do you have to call before,,?

I heard from a well-known tpf-er that is is 1 à 2 days but a friend of mine says it can depend on the store??? Help?

NumeroCinque: Thanks a lot! Just got home a couple days ago, but i'll try to make pics of my new baby and upload them to my "bag collection" album here on tpf!
I think the black classics were pretty widely available, but maybe you should call to know the situation and then you can make a game plan...

In some stores they have waiting lists, and in others they dont.
Why you just dont call the store, and ask do they have the bag and will they put it on hold for you. I did it and it worked.
All the numbers are on the official chanel web site.

I never asked, but i think it might be difficult to find an sa that does. Usually they're more likely to speak english, chinese and russian... (that's what i can tell from the languages i heard in the different chanel stores i've been to)

They speak English well at the Rue Cambon store. Not sure what other languages they speak. They let us in so yes everyone is welcome!!! Got the full Chanel experience there in July while hubby bought my tote so have fun there and look forward to your pix!!

Yes. Probably the one in Antwerp and Brussels to but I just want to go to Paris , haaha :P.

Going to the official Cambon Chanel store gives like just the little touch extra to my purchase.

Yes, I am difficult . :roflmfao:

I thought that maybe the store in Amsterdam could help you by trying to find out about the bag you want, so that when you got to the Rue Cambon store, they would know what you wanted.