I told someone today, "I love your empreinte bag," and

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. she remarked, "oh, excuse me, it's Louis Vuitton." :roflmfao:

I know empreinte is terminology the average customer wouldn't use, but I knew my TPF folks would find it funny. I said it because I couldn't remember the actual bag name, but it was the Montaigne. It looked lovely on her!

2. Hahahahha....that so cute of her.....lol

3. #3 Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Hehe! And that is such a pretty bag! She has some pretty good taste! :biggrin:

4. It is. Canvas bags are a dime-a-dozen here, but leather LVs are rarely seen.

5. Did you explain anything to her? haha

6. Lol! that is funny...sometimes i feel like i am talking a whole
    other language when discussing LV items haha

7. Haha, no, just left it at "oh, it's beautiful!"

8. Other than my country club, where I see several LV bags, Louis Vuitton is very rare in my city. Whenever I see any LV bag or SLG around the town, my heart flutters a bit!

9. Haha. The other day I told a woman that I loved her Delightful and she looked at me like I was crazy. "My WHAT?!". "ER...your bag is called the Delightful." She looked at me like I had two heads.

10. Haha! I have been in a similar situation. Now I just stick to "I love your Louis" in order to avoid awkward moments. I often forget that non-tpf members also buy LV! 😬

11. Priceless 😭

12. Haha I had a similar thing with a coworker. 'Is that the Emilie wallet?' (I have one too). And she got flustered explains it was LV and was a gift. Haha. I felt like a purse nerd.

13. Very funny!

14. I know what you mean. You get so used to speaking "Vuittonese" that after a while you forget that you're doing it.

15. Often, I forget that people outside of TPF don't pay a lot of attention to style names and colors of bags. One of my personal pet peeves is when I see poorly listed items like a Berkeley being listed as a Damier satchel, etc.