I told someone today, "I love your empreinte bag," and

mrsinsyder

O.G.
Mar 8, 2013
she remarked, "oh, excuse me, it's Louis Vuitton." :roflmfao:

I know empreinte is terminology the average customer wouldn't use, but I knew my TPF folks would find it funny. I said it because I couldn't remember the actual bag name, but it was the Montaigne. It looked lovely on her!

I know empreinte is terminology the average customer wouldn't use, but I knew my TPF folks would find it funny. I said it because I couldn't remember the actual bag name, but it was the Montaigne. It looked lovely on her!
Hehe! And that is such a pretty bag! She has some pretty good taste! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Lol! that is funny...sometimes i feel like i am talking a whole
other language when discussing LV items haha

Haha. The other day I told a woman that I loved her Delightful and she looked at me like I was crazy. "My WHAT?!". "ER...your bag is called the Delightful." She looked at me like I had two heads.

Haha! I have been in a similar situation. Now I just stick to "I love your Louis" in order to avoid awkward moments. I often forget that non-tpf members also buy LV! 😬

Often, I forget that people outside of TPF don't pay a lot of attention to style names and colors of bags. One of my personal pet peeves is when I see poorly listed items like a Berkeley being listed as a Damier satchel, etc.