I think I'm going to get my 1st negative feedback.....

Louislady, I have learned a lot of things by getting it wrong - we all do it and you have been gracious and undefensive in my view in accepting maybe you didn't make the right choice originally. I am really glad that you received good feedback and this has been resolved - I am sure that is due in no small part to your professionalism.

Oh man, you guys---The buyer is the sweetest person ever afterall.

She said she is okay to getting only the price bidded minus the shipping. She even went ahead and left me a positive feedback saying how outstanding it was and great communication! :biggrin:

I wish most people were like that!

I am going to send her a little thank you present in the mail tomorrow. Perhaps a box of chocolates...securely shipped. lol

I'm happy to hear it turned out well for both parties. Though I would seriously reconsider a gift of chocolates. Depending on her location the heatwave we're experiencing could reduce your gift to a melted mess. :yes: Perhaps a beautiful Thank-You card would be more appropriate.

I have purchased a few boxes from ebay and they have always come inside of another box. It really should have been sent inside of another box. I am sure the box got banged around a lot in transit. Buyer should receive item as pictured in auction. If it gets damaged and insurance was purchased, then file a claim with the post office. If no insurance purchased, then it really is the sellers responsibility to properly package and ship item. I would offer refund minus shipping. Sorry this happened to you.

I agree, the post office knocks stuff around and brown paper wont be able to prevent damage, always ship those kind of things in another box

I'd say refund in full. It is not alot of $$ and if you are really nice about it and eat crow and promise a *+*+gracious buyer*+*+ review she may not give you neg. Just don't give her a review until you get one from her.

I hate to take sides but your buyer is right, it should have been in another box. I live in a very small town and my post office only carries a few different size boxes, they said it depends on the size of the post office as to what kind of boxes they are allowed. But you can go on line and get bigger boxes or go to a bigger post office. That's what I have to do. I to had an experience with a crushed box. Just refund her the total amount and I doubt she will leave you neg.

This is tough as you were very specific about how you were shipping the item...and the buyer said ok to it.
I guess my question is do you feel it should have really been shipped another way? I know it's tough to find large boxes...I always end up buying boxes at this packageing place near my house if the item won't fit in a priority one. I just charge the buyer a little extra fo shipping. I guess my other question is is the item useable and was insurance offered? I always suggest insurance.
I just bought an item an ebay that was not packaged in well and it was damaged in transit. The seller refuses to take it back but I did pay for insurance so he says that the post office will reinburse me.

I guess if you would be upset you might think about trying to work something out.

Oh man, you guys---The buyer is the sweetest person ever afterall.

She said she is okay to getting only the price bidded minus the shipping. She even went ahead and left me a positive feedback saying how outstanding it was and great communication! :biggrin:

I wish most people were like that!

I am going to send her a little thank you present in the mail tomorrow. Perhaps a box of chocolates...securely shipped. lol

I just read all the postings on this...
I think yu did the right thing. As I said in my other you can always buy a box. I don't know what I am going to do in my situation as the seller won't budge but at least my item wasn't expensive.

Happy ebaying