I think I'm addicted....

At least I'm not alone. I have actually gone into a store behind someone pretending to shop while trying to get a glimpse of her bag to see if it is real. That usually happens with the more exotic and expensive bags like the cerises speedy or something like that. I just hate it when I see people carrying a fake and they are pretending it is real and will argue with anyone about the authenticity of the bag.

I was literally gasping for air laughing at this thread...I always thought I was so vain and pretentious for doing exactly this:P !
But, the sad part is, that many of the people carrying blatant fakes argue about whether they are real because they actually DO think their bags are real!

:censor: i do that too :rochard:!

i look for fakes all the time, especially in school because i see 897482 LV bags floating around campus, and i always try to see if they're fake.

sadly, a lot of them are :Push:

I saw a fake the other day at school, too. Although LVs are not popular at my campus. I was about 20 or 30 feet away from the girl who had her fake speedy 30 and I could tell it was fake because the handles were so loonngg! It was almost like a shoulder bag!

I live in the boonies and around me, most people probably don't know what a LV is -- the very few I have seen have all been fakes with the exception of two -- a friend of mine has a Speedy 25 and I saw a lady in Walmart with the Batignolles in her cart. I complimented her on it, too. :yes:

But last Friday, I took my hubby to the Omaha airport (anybody from here in that airport last Friday??) and was surprised at all the LV's I saw! I think the traveler's leave the secured area as there is only one little snack bar there, so they were all in the regular area of the airport with the restaurants and shops.

As far as I could tell, they all looked real! haha! But looking closer, a few were definitely fake. One lady had a cherry Speedy 25 and the large Keepall with a strap. Definitely real. (I was trying so discreetly to see if the cherries had blue eyes and then I know she overheard my daughter say "are the eyes blue??")

Some of the potential fakes I think I saw were on a couple and I think he might be a known athlete? Other people kept pointing him out and/or were staring at him and he smiled and said hi to those who said hi first. HIS LV items looked real to me -- another mono Keepall w/strap and Abbesses bag and some sort of large agenda. His wife however had a Hudson-type LV but it just didn't look right... odd colored leather and the canvas seemed a teeny bit crooked. She had on fake LV shoes for sure.

My hubby said I sounded like Tim Allen in the movie "The Santa Clause" when he's walking down the sidewalk saying "naughty" or "nice" as I was whispering "fake" and "real" LOL! :lol: