I think I know what I need to do but need validation please.....

ODEDIHAIMS

Apr 13, 2015
I bought a beautiful K25 Rouge H box leather a little more than a year ago. I've only used it once. I love looking at it but it doesn't really fill a useful position in my collection. I would like to only have bags that get regular use. For this reason, I know that I should probably sell her. The thing stopping me is that it is such a rare and special bag. TIA for your advice.

Reactions: prepster
I'm probably not much help as I have a K28 in Rouge H box and I rarely carry it but will probably never sell it. It's too beautiful and too rare. I would keep your bag unless keeping it prohibits getting another. Generally I'm not a fan of bags living in boxes but that's a pretty special item that will be special in 20 years.

Can you keep and maybe find more use of it? Between my bags, since I rotate them (and I have a DS45 that I carry every day Mo-Fri to work), the rest probably get about 1 use every 2 weeks. Maybe I'm in denial but to me they still qualify as 'keepers' :smile:. Rouge H is such an amazing color, and I heard from my SA when I visited her on Thursday that she is seeing more pieces in it. It's her personal favorite too - I know this doesn't mean a lot but it is coming from someone who lives and breathes H! It's a classic year-round color for sure.

Not everyone has to subscribe to a minimalist lifestyle or bag collection, I keep all kinds of stuff for sentimental reasons or simply because I love it. I may never wear some of these things again but seeing them makes me happy, remember good times with them or remember who/where/when I got certain things. If you love it, keep it.

If you just love Rouge H and K25 doesn’t work for you, find another bag that works for you in the leather and color.

I love rouge H (see my avatar lol) and in box it is especially beautiful. I would not sell. I am sure there are others here who know more (a lot more) than I, but I don't think the resale value would be worth selling it, especially given its HTF quality. As others suggested, try to embrace using it. You may find it's a go-to bag.

I bought a beautiful K25 Rouge H box leather a little more than a year ago. I've only used it once. I love looking at it but it doesn't really fill a useful position in my collection. I would like to only have bags that get regular use. For this reason, I know that I should probably sell her. The thing stopping me is that it is such a rare and special bag. TIA for your advice.

Can you perhaps keep and take really good care of it? And then sell it off a few years from now? Maybe you can make more money off it if you sell it later rather than now.

Gosh, I could think of a gazillion uses for a little Rouge H box Kelly. It sounds like the perfect bag for an evening at the theater or symphony, or to wear with a little black suit anytime. Great for an evening out with friends when you all have to squish into a booth together and you don't want a gigantic bag taking up space. Nice for shopping when you need money, sunglasses and lipstick but don't want to schlep a large bag all over creation. Discrete and elegant when you have to go to a ceremonial occasion like a graduation, wedding, award presentation or funeral. I'd keep it, because you probably won't find it again. :smile:

Last edited:
I know the feeling. I have a B35 Etoupe and have barely used it in the last 5 years I’ve owned it due to the size/heaviness. It was my first B but since then I’ve gotten smaller size Bs/K28. The reason I keep it is because it’s a classic and I may use it down the road at some point. If you don’t have a different bag that you could replace this with or money wasn’t an issue, I would probably keep it as it’s a special classic rare handbag. Good luck deciding

I'm probably not much help as I have a K28 in Rouge H box and I rarely carry it but will probably never sell it. It's too beautiful and too rare. I would keep your bag unless keeping it prohibits getting another. Generally I'm not a fan of bags living in boxes but that's a pretty special item that will be special in 20 years.

Thank you for the advice. I don't HAVE to sell it to get another but I am trying to be responsible and not use any more NEW money towards more bags. It is a very special bag and you make a good point.

My vote is to keep it. It sounds lovely and difficult to replace.

Thank you.

Can you keep and maybe find more use of it? Between my bags, since I rotate them (and I have a DS45 that I carry every day Mo-Fri to work), the rest probably get about 1 use every 2 weeks. Maybe I'm in denial but to me they still qualify as 'keepers' :smile:. Rouge H is such an amazing color, and I heard from my SA when I visited her on Thursday that she is seeing more pieces in it. It's her personal favorite too - I know this doesn't mean a lot but it is coming from someone who lives and breathes H! It's a classic year-round color for sure.

I absolutely love the color and box leather is my favorite next to Barenia. I think it's the size that isn't working for me. I think I should definitely try harder to use it. A 25 is so hard to find.

Not everyone has to subscribe to a minimalist lifestyle or bag collection, I keep all kinds of stuff for sentimental reasons or simply because I love it. I may never wear some of these things again but seeing them makes me happy, remember good times with them or remember who/where/when I got certain things. If you love it, keep it.

If you just love Rouge H and K25 doesn’t work for you, find another bag that works for you in the leather and color.

Thank you. It was in impulse purchase for my 50th birthday. I had bought a B and then I bought this also. Wasn't planning on two at once.
The color and leather are perfect. I think a 28 would be better for my body shape. I'm fit but overweight and this bag is so dainty. I'm not dainty.

I love rouge H (see my avatar lol) and in box it is especially beautiful. I would not sell. I am sure there are others here who know more (a lot more) than I, but I don't think the resale value would be worth selling it, especially given its HTF quality. As others suggested, try to embrace using it. You may find it's a go-to bag.

Your avatar is a beauty. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: prepster and A-Line
Can you perhaps keep and take really good care of it? And then sell it off a few years from now? Maybe you can make more money off it if you sell it later rather than now.

If I keep it! I am hoping my 16 year old will one day want it. At the moment she doesn't like my H bags.

Gosh, I could think of a gazillion uses for a little Rouge H box Kelly. It sounds like the perfect bag for an evening at the theater or symphony, or to wear with a little black suit anytime. Great for an evening out with friends when you all have to squish into a booth together and you don't want a gigantic bag taking up space. Nice for shopping when you need money, sunglasses and lipstick but don't want to schlep a large bag all over creation. Discrete and elegant when you have to go to a ceremonial occasion like a graduation, wedding, award presentation or funeral. I'd keep it, because you probably won't find it again. :smile:

Excellent points. Thank you.

As much as I'd like to scream " Sell it... sell it... to me!" I'd recommend to keep it.

Lol, thanks.

I know the feeling. I have a B35 Etoupe and have barely used it in the last 5 years I’ve owned it due to the size/heaviness. It was my first B but since then I’ve gotten smaller size Bs/K28. The reason I keep it is because it’s a classic and I may use it down the road at some point. If you don’t have a different bag that you could replace this with or money wasn’t an issue, I would probably keep it as it’s a special classic rare handbag. Good luck deciding

Thank you. That makes sense. I honestly thought most people would say SELL if you aren't using it. But being that it's such a classic, I can see that holding on to it makes sense.
Thanks everyone!!! I can't say for sure yet what I'm going to do but I definitely need to think it over thoroughly before deciding.

MrsO, as usual you are “bang on” with your advice! As an aside, I hope you had a wonderful xmas and all the best to you in 2018!

Reactions: MSO13