I think I know what I need to do but need validation please.....

Not everyone has to subscribe to a minimalist lifestyle or bag collection, I keep all kinds of stuff for sentimental reasons or simply because I love it. I may never wear some of these things again but seeing them makes me happy, remember good times with them or remember who/where/when I got certain things. If you love it, keep it.

If you just love Rouge H and K25 doesn’t work for you, find another bag that works for you in the leather and color.

Retourne GHW

What MSO13 said...so true. We are bag twins ODEDIHAIMS. Usually will vote to sell it if unused but this really is a special bag that is not easily available and it sounds like you are v unsure. The k25 is a great size that can be carried fom day to night if you dont carry alot. Also i think many people ‘neglect’ certain bags but some point in time tastes/lifestyle evolve and start carrying them alot again. Unless you are sure the size does not work for you do i say keep it for abit longer.

It sounds like you have a particular perception of this bag that just doesn't fit with your reality. You mentioned that you divorced a couple years ago and are looking to start dating. Is this a bag that you see as part of that lifestyle? In other words, is the bag "you"?

It's a new year. Allow yourself to wear and carry what you treasure and enjoy. And if this bag fits the bill, then carry it loudly and proudly!

You have such a special bag, Rouge H is a beautiful color especially in box. Hold onto it a little longer especially when it's tied to be such a great milestone.

I would take the next 6 months or so to purposely try to carry the bag. If you’ve spent the time really trying to work it into your life and it still isn’t satisfying you then I would reevaluate/consider selling.

Who cares if a bag is classic/rare/coveted if it doesn’t work for YOU. That’s a lot of money to be just sitting in a closet.

Unless it has a great deal of sentimental value, of course, then I’d display it somewhere at home and enjoy it like a piece of art.

Thank you all for your wise advice. I am convinced to hold on to it for another year and try to work it into being used more. This time next year I will re-evaluate. I've sold a few bags that I never missed but I'm afraid I might regret this one. If a year from now it is still sitting unused, I will probably sell it then.

What MSO13 said...so true. We are bag twins ODEDIHAIMS. Usually will vote to sell it if unused but this really is a special bag that is not easily available and it sounds like you are v unsure. The k25 is a great size that can be carried fom day to night if you dont carry alot. Also i think many people ‘neglect’ certain bags but some point in time tastes/lifestyle evolve and start carrying them alot again. Unless you are sure the size does not work for you do i say keep it for abit longer.

Happy to be twins with you! May I ask how often you use yours and in what capacity? I carry very little so that is not what's stopping me. The one time I did use it, it was very stiff and difficult to get in and out of. Would this change with use?

Happy to be twins with you! May I ask how often you use yours and in what capacity? I carry very little so that is not what's stopping me. The one time I did use it, it was very stiff and difficult to get in and out of. Would this change with use?

Hi! The k25 is my most used bag actually. Like you i dont carry much and my job allows me to be casual. Imo this size goes with many outfits, both dressy and casual. esp in rouge h is such an easy color easy to match. I carry it with the strap pretty much from day to night (not for formal events tho). And dont find the kelly hard to use at all, in fact for the size 25 i can pretty much open and close the bag with one hand. Have to say the thing with this bag is it rains quite abit so my togo k25s get more use, hth!

Reactions: prepster
Hi! The k25 is my most used bag actually. Like you i dont carry much and my job allows me to be casual. Imo this size goes with many outfits, both dressy and casual. esp in rouge h is such an easy color easy to match. I carry it with the strap pretty much from day to night (not for formal events tho). And dont find the kelly hard to use at all, in fact for the size 25 i can pretty much open and close the bag with one hand. Have to say the thing with this bag is it rains quite abit so my togo k25s get more use, hth!

Thanks so much for the reply. Maybe mine needs to be used to loosen up. I'm going to try hard to work this bag into more use and see what happens. It's too pretty to give up on yet!

Doesn’t matter how rare an item but if there is no use of it, becomes useless to me. Dust collecting rarities are not my thing, but don't mind me as I am not a collector. I have sold few bags that were the absolute "classics" and never missed them. Good luck deciding.

Back in the good days when one would occasionally see a Kelly on the shelf in a boutique, I saw a box 20 or 25 Kelly and it was so stiff that I was afraid I might damage it trying to close it, so I asked the SA to do so. She said with use it will not be as stiff as it is now. How stiff was it? Extremely, so try to use your lil rouge a bit and if in a year you decide to sell it, can I be 2nd in line?

Thanks so much for the reply. Maybe mine needs to be used to loosen up. I'm going to try hard to work this bag into more use and see what happens. It's too pretty to give up on yet!

I have a box Kelly 25 but in retourne, and it hasn’t really softened up much just because of the size. For me, this bag is a special occasion or planned outing type of bag. I can fit most of what I carry in my 30cm Birkin with no room to spare, so I carry it if I don’t expect to accumulate more stuff than I left the house with (water bottles, shopping, DD’s Pokémon toys). Therefore, I can’t use frequency of use to justify its presence in my closet.

I would wait to decide on selling this bag until you are presented with another bag that you really want to buy. I think the decision to sell this loved but rarely used bag might be a bit clearer if you’re comparing it to another potential purchase. My vote is to keep it, but I’m a sucker for rouge H box Kellys [emoji1]

I completely agree with ouija advice above, I'm a big bag girl, i carry 40 B, Lol but smaller bags as a cross body are growing on me, can you find a fun longer strap and give it a go as a fun small cross body bag for quick outings, etc? For example I'm using a goyard belvedere pm to run errands, grocery etc... Just a fun thought . Maybe A fun fendi strap?

Doesn’t matter how rare an item but if there is no use of it, becomes useless to me. Dust collecting rarities are not my thing, but don't mind me as I am not a collector. I have sold few bags that were the absolute "classics" and never missed them. Good luck deciding.

I appreciate your 10 bag rule and I aspire to be like that but I don't exactly have a number. I don't want to have unused bags . I'm going to give it one more year and then if it's not serving a purpose I will let it go. Thank you.

Back in the good days when one would occasionally see a Kelly on the shelf in a boutique, I saw a box 20 or 25 Kelly and it was so stiff that I was afraid I might damage it trying to close it, so I asked the SA to do so. She said with use it will not be as stiff as it is now. How stiff was it? Extremely, so try to use your lil rouge a bit and if in a year you decide to sell it, can I be 2nd in line?

It was very stiff. Nice to know there will be people in line to buy if I decide to sell.

I have a box Kelly 25 but in retourne, and it hasn’t really softened up much just because of the size. For me, this bag is a special occasion or planned outing type of bag. I can fit most of what I carry in my 30cm Birkin with no room to spare, so I carry it if I don’t expect to accumulate more stuff than I left the house with (water bottles, shopping, DD’s Pokémon toys). Therefore, I can’t use frequency of use to justify its presence in my closet.

I would wait to decide on selling this bag until you are presented with another bag that you really want to buy. I think the decision to sell this loved but rarely used bag might be a bit clearer if you’re comparing it to another potential purchase. My vote is to keep it, but I’m a sucker for rouge H box Kellys [emoji1]

I'm a sucker for the look of them too. So pretty!

I completely agree with ouija advice above, I'm a big bag girl, i carry 40 B, Lol but smaller bags as a cross body are growing on me, can you find a fun longer strap and give it a go as a fun small cross body bag for quick outings, etc? For example I'm using a goyard belvedere pm to run errands, grocery etc... Just a fun thought . Maybe A fun fendi strap?

I had not considered finding a fun strap. That's a great idea. Thank you!

Reactions: trishaluvslv
Thank you for the advice. I don't HAVE to sell it to get another but I am trying to be responsible and not use any more NEW money towards more bags. It is a very special bag and you make a good point.

Thank you.

I absolutely love the color and box leather is my favorite next to Barenia. I think it's the size that isn't working for me. I think I should definitely try harder to use it. A 25 is so hard to find.

Thank you. It was in impulse purchase for my 50th birthday. I had bought a B and then I bought this also. Wasn't planning on two at once.
The color and leather are perfect. I think a 28 would be better for my body shape. I'm fit but overweight and this bag is so dainty. I'm not dainty.

Your avatar is a beauty. Thank you.
I vote for keeping it, for sure.
Regarding dainty - is there a way to wear this bag with a cool Rebecca Minkoff type strap that might make it more street-smart? My smallest K is a 28 so I'm not sure this would work with a 25. Just an idea....

EDIT: I see others have made the same suggestion. Glad you are keeping it, and I hope you enjoy experimenting with wearing it!

Last edited:
Reactions: ODEDIHAIMS