I think I just received a fake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is 100% authentic and totally gorgeous! Incredible Kelly! Besides the seller being legit with a fabulous reputation, the bag speaks for itself. Gorgeous Rouge H color and don't even get me started on the chevre leather. No worries here!

Shoes - I just checked my Kelly now also and it has a leather pull in the zipper. The other end of the zipper has "H".
One of the leather bands to close the bag has a letter distinguishing the year (mine is J for 2006) and a number for the craftsman's ID. THe shoulder strap comes with its own dustbag also.

Again, I'd be really shocked if this turns out to be fake. Be very sly when you take it to Hermes. They abhor the re-sale market with a passion and some SAs won't do authentications at all.
I've seen a lot of fake Hermes Kellys and Birkins and have only seen a couple of fake Chevre bags. The fakers just can't replicate it. My SA said it's so incredibly difficult to line up the spine of the goat (which yours has) on the bag like this.
What was it about it that made you wary?
The "F" blindstamp is for 2002.

Thank you everyone! I'm feeling better - It's just so much money and I kept telling myself to buy from either a reputable resale shop or directly from the store.

The reasons I was concered are that about 10 yrs. ago I did purchase direct from the Boston store over the phone a bag - it was the sport model, which was great, but I hated the long strap (I know I should have had something done) but I sold it instead. Anyway, it didn't have a cover in that glowing orange! This is like a hunter's orange for the dustbag...

Secondly it doesn't look used, at all -- and although the transaction was completely smooth, there's been no feedback from him yet and it did make me leary since there were 2 remarks that were removed in his feedback...

I'm so thankful for you girls here and the positive notes!

Oh, and I was a bit confused about what I was looking for - was it the grain should be larger on the inside of the flap? If so, it is for sure...It is a beautiful bag!
:idea:

Educate me: Where is the spine everyone keeps on talking about? Sounds sorta cruel, the goat spine.

It' looks lovely! I bought a Birkin a few weeks ago and I got a bright orange sleeper (the color of the Hermes shopping bags and boxes).

I talked to an SA (today) in Hermes about a resale Kelly Bag, I was contemplating buying. Her name is Camille, she is in Beverely Hills and was very nice to me, if you have any sort of receipt numbers that would help, 310-278-6440.
I told her I was calling from Philadelphia and I was contemplating buying this bag. I gave her the receipt numbers and she verified that they had recently cleaned and authenticated the bag.
Anyway, there was no games, snootiness, and I wasn't required to wine and dine her, so I thought that was great. Try calling, maybe on a weekday when they aren't busy.
I also thought what's the worst they can do, hang up on me?

birkinbaby said:
Educate me: Where is the spine everyone keeps on talking about? Sounds sorta cruel, the goat spine.

It' looks lovely! I bought a Birkin a few weeks ago and I got a bright orange sleeper (the color of the Hermes shopping bags and boxes).

Look at the very center of the bag and the grain is much larger. You should be able to see a faint, vertical spine of the goat.
Also, look at the close-up pics of LaVanguardia's new fuchsia Chevre Kelly. She took close-ups of the spine.

Most sellers will not give feedback until the buyer does - shows that the buyer is satisfied with the purchase.
I believe that ten years ago, H was using the tan dust bags. Mine is bright orange, too.

Hi Shoe, if you had received the exact Kelly as shown in the auction pics......I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! :smile: It is an authentic & beautiful Kelly in Chevre de Coromandel!

Rouge H is a classic house color of Hermes! You've got yourself a lovely bag! :nuts:

Kellybag said:
Agree with La Vanguardia above. Also, get to Hermes ASAP...don't wait. Get the bag authenticated and don't post any feedback yet. Be positive...if it is the real deal you have a beauty. It is just so tough to say because the listing may not show us what you really have in your possession.

* If you find anything to be falsified please take action as far as you can. That is the only way to make it harder for these sellers to continue hurting people.

OH...let us all know what you come up with! I wish you the best.
Yes..I agree with what Kellybag said.

Status
Not open for further replies.