I swear I'm ready to cut it all off...

it's a MIRACLE flat iron:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beauty-bar/if-youre-still-fence-about-new-ghd-iron-208136.html

another amanda and myself have posted pics here to demonstrate how much better our GHD irons are than the CHIs, etc. that we've had in the past.

it can be had here:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P182848&categoryId=C16531
plus the code ff2007 gets you 20% off before 11/21

Thanks so much Amanda! Love your hair in that thread!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just hair - it will grow back but maybe if you always had long hair you will be sorry ;)
On the other hand you are a stunning beauty I'm sure that a pixie cut would look great on you. You should try it at least once in your life :yes:

Hirondelle, you are so right! Although I'm going to probably have to work my way up to a pixie! lol

Ok first of all, you are soooooo pretty! :girlsigh:

I think you have really pretty hair, but to be honest, it seems to overwhelm your face a little bit, because there's just SO much of it! I don't think you should cut it off, though.

I have hair similar to yours and 2 summers ago my power was going out constantly, so I couldn't heat-style my hair. I had this big, heavy, unruly fro and it made me feel hot and miserable all the time. One day I got so mad I had it cut chin length. I learned the hard way that an angled bob does not work on thick, wavy hair :sad:

It took over a year to grow it back and I hated it the whole time. I've vowed to never cut my hair out of frustration again. I think that you should ask your stylist to cut a a few inches off and cut more layers to thin it out a bit. If you still want it short, you can always cut more, but once it's gone all you can do is wait...

Thanks, I love you. lol

I worry about regretting it too. I just am so ready for a change. And every morning I look at my hair in the mirror and I'm like BLAH! But you are right, I'll start with a few inches and see what happens.

My hair is VERY long, down to my rear end, and I tell you, people love it. It's also very thick, kind of wavy, and all one length. Last time I cut it (30 years ago) I cried for a week. Then I jammed hats on my head every time I went out. My own dog didn't recognize me, she growled when I walked in the house.

I learned to change my hairstyle by doing different braids, putting pretty clips and barrettes in it, highlights, ect. With thick hair, you tend to get more "poofyness" when it's short, there is less weight to hold it down. I don't know about you, but in high humidity situations, mine also frizzes something awful. I looked like a poodle.

Men LOVE long hair. Even at my age (50) men turn their heads to watch me pass by, see where all that hair ends. ;)

OMG Speedy, you made me laugh so hard! =)

You bring up a good point...humidity! lol I'm in FL.

I think I've decided to cut 4-5 inches off the ends (trust me, it needs it!) and try that layered look up top that meggiew posted. Do you gals think I can pull that off? Maybe it would balance the fro. I've always wanted more volume at the top and less at the bottom, you know what I mean?

OMG Speedy, you made me laugh so hard! =)

You bring up a good point...humidity! lol I'm in FL.

I think I've decided to cut 4-5 inches off the ends (trust me, it needs it!) and try that layered look up top that meggiew posted. Do you gals think I can pull that off? Maybe it would balance the fro. I've always wanted more volume at the top and less at the bottom, you know what I mean?

I aims to please! :P

You know, I think that would look good on you. I don't like volume at my head as much since I always felt it accented my bulbibous nose, but you have a cute nose, so that would be okay.

Locks of Love want no less than ten inches per donation, so don't bother sending if it's less.

If you read the faqs on the Locks of Love webpage, it says that they do accept donations of hair that is less than 10 inches, which they sell to offset the cost of manufacturing the hairpieces. They can use permed hair and colored hair too. They also accept grey hair, which is sold to offset manufacturing costs as well. They pick out shorter lengths of hair to use for boy's hairpieces. The only hair they cannot use is bleached hair, as it dissolves during proccessing.

If you read the faqs on the Locks of Love webpage, it says that they do accept donations of hair that is less than 10 inches, which they sell to offset the cost of manufacturing the hairpieces. They can use permed hair and colored hair too. They also accept grey hair, which is sold to offset manufacturing costs as well. They pick out shorter lengths of hair to use for boy's hairpieces. The only hair they cannot use is bleached hair, as it dissolves during proccessing.

You know, you are right... they must have changed that since the last time I contemplated cutting my hair off.

I sit corrected, so ignore that last bit. :rolleyes: