I saved a cute little squirrel!

I raised a baby squirrel one summer! No kidding! He fell out of the nest during a storm and we were gonna leave him alone and hope his mommy would fetch him back but then my cat got interested so I brought the lil fella inside and called Animal Control and a couple of wildlife parks to get some advice. Ended up bottle-feeding him with powdered orphan's milk for puppies about every 4 hours around the clock. Poor thing didn't even have his eyes open yet---but when they finally did open, he saw me and said "mama!' He was so cute! I used to carry him with me everywhere. Finally though he got too big--it was obvious he needed to be free. So I let him go! But about a week later I was outside and he come running down the trunk of a tree and jumped onto my shoulder just to let me know he was OK. I'll never forget him. *sob!*

I raised a baby squirrel one summer! No kidding! He fell out of the nest during a storm and we were gonna leave him alone and hope his mommy would fetch him back but then my cat got interested so I brought the lil fella inside and called Animal Control and a couple of wildlife parks to get some advice. Ended up bottle-feeding him with powdered orphan's milk for puppies about every 4 hours around the clock. Poor thing didn't even have his eyes open yet---but when they finally did open, he saw me and said "mama!' He was so cute! I used to carry him with me everywhere. Finally though he got too big--it was obvious he needed to be free. So I let him go! But about a week later I was outside and he come running down the trunk of a tree and jumped onto my shoulder just to let me know he was OK. I'll never forget him. *sob!*

omg are u serious? that was like a happy ever after fairy tale i just read...:love:

is he still around???

^^^oh that was years ago--late 80s actuallY I'm sure Merle the Squirrel has passed on to the other side by now. Hopefully tho his descendants are alive and kicking and frolicking around!

That is the cutest story ever!:love:

Aww what a sweet thing to do!!! :heart: :heart:

Wow! Thats one lucky squirrel!

At our country house, my husband saw a hawk scoop down and try to take off with my toy poodle, Miki. He yelled too and the hawk took off. Be careful with your little guys everyone!

OMG how scary!! I have heard stories like that:wtf:

Good advice...glad Miki is OK:yes: :heart:

What a lovely story, I think it was brilliant of you to do this and feeding every 4 hours. Also the Eagle getting the squirrel that was amazing Eagles such a big bird but at least the squirrel was saved.