I need your professional opinion on watercolor speedy handle

LV will replace the vachetta if it gets too dark, but I think this bag will look amazing with patina.

I am waitlisted for the white speedy 30 as well and cannot wait!

Gwen, do you think the bag will look good with patina?
I was thinking about that too.... but with the bag being white I was thinking dark yellowy patina would look ugly...
-One reason I didn't get the multicolor speedy.

I've had a white multicolor wallet for about 3 years now and the leather trim becamse dark... it just looks dirty~

thats the problem with the exotic one.. you probably won't wear it as reguarly.. and considering the way this bag looks, since its not one of the 'classic' ones.. you're probably gonna be wearing it most when you first get it.. so i'd say the regular one, so that you can wear it everyday without worrying.. thats the one i'm getting too :smile:

although the exotic one is really beautiful..
The exotic one really is beautiful~
But I never thought of it that way but you are right.... since it's a new LE bag I'd probably wear it the most when it first comes out...
Carefree speedy sounds like the bag for me this summer

I wish they would make the exotic style with regular leather! I don't like exotic leather too much but I like the frame-top style. Sounds like you should go for the regular speedy, as it's very pretty but durable as well.

Gwen, do you think the bag will look good with patina?
I was thinking about that too.... but with the bag being white I was thinking dark yellowy patina would look ugly...
-One reason I didn't get the multicolor speedy.

I've had a white multicolor wallet for about 3 years now and the leather trim becamse dark... it just looks dirty~

I do think this bag will look good w/patina. I like the white mc w/patina, too.

I'm waitlisting for the speedy and the papillon with exotic handles. Comparing the exotic and the vachetta, I have to go for the exotic. The rainbow color on the handle compliments the watercolor design on the bag body so well. It's to-die-for!!:love: I don't mind about the high maintenance because it looks much prettier.

I think the one with vachetta handles will be replicated very easily by fakers. I would go with the exotics. If you have problems with the handles have LV replace it at their cost.
The exotic really is a special bag and doesn't look like the million fakes out there. You would have to be stupid to question the authenticity and workmanship of the exotic. I say go with it.
Plus. You can wear it with Jeans etc. That is a nice bag for all occasions.

I would go with the regular watercolor Speedy. Worrying about the handles on the exotic would drive me crazy through out the summer. Although it looks stunning - functionality plays a huge part in how I purchase my bags.

Taking Tukata and Lukeswiss's posts into consideration, I must talk to the SA about this. If there were problems with the handles peeling and etc. Would LV replace them?
I doubt it... because they don't refurbish bags for wear and tear....

I do agree "lookwise" the color of the exotic handles do make the bag exquisite.
Plus, the exotic bag would not sag..I love everything about that bag.. minus the python

Yes Jellybebe, I too wonder why they couldn't make the handles the same color in
regular leather.... more practical...

I would go for the regular leather handles. The python handles, while amazing and beautiful, just won't be practical if you want to use the bag on a regular basis.

I would go with the regular watercolor Speedy. Worrying about the handles on the exotic would drive me crazy through out the summer. Although it looks stunning - functionality plays a huge part in how I purchase my bags.

Hee Hee.
Think what will happen to you in the winter month when all the dry air sucks the life and soul out of your precious bag!!!:roflmfao:

FYI
It is not a regular speedy the one with the non-exotic handles will be a Limited Edition also. Told at my store that they will only get in a small number of that one also and not enough for all the people on the wait-list for it.
I had a bag (non LV with exotic handles and unfortunately the skins dry out overtime and I can not justify the cost, when only the handles (top of frame is different)

My Chanels are for dressup. My LVs are my everyday bags and I LOVE them all. I'm first on the list for the regular papillon watercolor! I think the browns will look wonderful with a nice patina~ I can't wait! :heart: