i need some good advice. keep or no keep?

If you love it keep it. You could buy 2 that are only so-so and spend just as much as on the one that you really love.

ITA. It looks HOT on you! An investment! :yahoo:

True story...OK, about 12 years ago I ordered two $500 jackets (that's $500 EACH) - INSANE for me at age 27 and not a great salary and pushing my credit cards to the limit. What did I get? A tan Calvin Klein (yes, the real Calvin, not CK) camel hair peacoat and a black cashmere and wool peacoat from I. Magnin (a now-defunct upscale store like an NM, sort of).

Know what? They still are staples in my closet TODAY. The cut and fit are amazing (Calvin's is a little more close to the body, while the I. Magnin is a little loose) They've worn beautifully and the only thing ripped is the lining which can be replaced. The outer of each has withstood rain, snow, a few moves, busses, walking in the city, jeans, dresses, weight gain, weight loss you name it.

Sorry about the ramble, but I think you've found something great here and I hope you treasure it forever!

To me if you love it and wear it the money spent is worth it. I now find myself buying quality clothing over quanity. I rather have less and wear them for years then just a passing fad. I love cashmere and would buy 2-3 cashmere sweaters and a nice wrap versus tons of winter sweaters. So to me the quality of a item can make it timeless. It's like my LV's, they last forever and I get such enjoyment from them. I think of all my past clothing mistakes and I will no longer do it. I love the jacket and the whole look, I think you should be very happy with it.
Enjoy.

Thanks for all your input guys. I'm keeping it. Consulted with parents, it's my early Christmas gift :yahoo: . Yes that means no bag for Christmas...but my b-day's 3 weeks later and I love this jacket.