I need a Work....but which one?

People who lean more towards neutral colors have said that they did not like the violet when they saw it in person. Too bright ... too purpley ... something like that. Just providing the "other side of the coin" perspective here...

Illini...eggplant is not a choice in this case. ;) Has to be something BalNY has/will have in stock.

Aqua is also out of stock along with Ink. I think grenat may be a good choice if they still have it. It's a neutral red and gorgeous. If they don't have it, maybe something from the Fall like Sienna, Dark Olive or Ocean. What colors will go with your wardrobe?

A Grenat Work, I think, would look great in a conservative banking environment. Think of all of the burgundy/cordovan-type briefcases normally found in conversative institutions -- Grenat would definitely blend in, yet POP! out enough because of its unusual shape and styling.

Let us know which color you decide to get, and loads of luck in your search!

Hmm, lots of votes for a blue. I agree Bal blues are pretty but that might be a stretch for me, I'm having a hard time imagining carrying a huge blue bag (and I'm really small/short). I might have to wait til I can go somewhere and give a blue a try. Grenat seemed pretty but I never saw one IRL that had great leather. I did once order a Marron Work and sent it back (hence the store credit) - it was just too close to camel for me (color family wise, not tone wise) and I wanted something different though it was really gorgeous. Oh dear, no closer to a decision.

I agree fiatflux, I don't think I will really like violet IRL. WIll have to wait and see.