I may be SO done with Coach

Do SA's and managers typically get upset about a return?
Even WITH a receipt??

HELL YES.
At the local stuck up store here, when I returned something last week, EVERY SA gathered around to look at the item and inspect it.
I mean it was NWT, Still had the coach wrapping around it (on the straps and on the pockets)
I mean how many Coach SAs does it take to make a return? This pisses me off so badly.
I have some other returns to make and I don't even want to go in there to make it. I'm going to make it at the outlet this weekend, but it bothers me to know that it will stay there, get marked down, and someone will get a discount on it while I paid offa full price.
Sighs.
I'm going to make a thread, I want to know if this is common, you know rude service with returns.

PyAri~
I was thinking after reading your post about your return and then my experience yesterday about printing out the posts and sending them to Coach with my "eat s*&^" letter.
We need to come up with a "how many SA's does it take to make a return" joke too!

HELL YES.
At the local stuck up store here, when I returned something last week, EVERY SA gathered around to look at the item and inspect it.
I mean it was NWT, Still had the coach wrapping around it (on the straps and on the pockets)
I mean how many Coach SAs does it take to make a return? This pisses me off so badly.
I have some other returns to make and I don't even want to go in there to make it. I'm going to make it at the outlet this weekend, but it bothers me to know that it will stay there, get marked down, and someone will get a discount on it while I paid offa full price.
Sighs.
I'm going to make a thread, I want to know if this is common, you know rude service with returns.

I have to say that my SAs are really nice when I return something, and I always make sure it is properly wrapped, tags on, dustbag, etc. I've had a few people be rude in the past, and I just let it roll off my back. If I'm paying that kind of money for a bag, I want to be happy with it.

I'd say you should report it to corporate and then find one of the great SAs that are out there. It's just like any other industry--and if you wanna see crappy customer service, check out the IT industry. Sheesh!

Good luck! I hope you find an awesome SA. If you love the bags, just find a place that you're treated well and enjoy the experience!:P

Ouch! :cry:

We're not all that bad. I'm sorry your experience sucked so badly. I strongly recommend talking to JAX.

And we do employ secret shoppers; we just got a report back from one who hit our boutique last month.
Of course, we all know there are wonderful SAs out there at many stores. And you know this wasn't directed at you. But there are stores where the entire atmosphere is negative and collectively rude and I can't believe Coach lets this happen.
If I was a manager, I'd be furious that $$ was walking out of my store because of bad service by SAs. I mean, at this point, I'm willing to drive an hour to another store to avoid going in this Coach store here, and willing to drive 3 hours to the outlet. That's pretty bad.....

Wow! This is crazy because I too had another bad and then good experience last night with two different Coach stores! I'm lucky enough to live 10 min on either side of me to Coach boutiques. I went last night to check out the new stuff and after looking at the Chelsea hobos, I decided my wallet only wanted me to have the denim stripe wristlet. BIG price difference and when I asked to buy it, the SA I was dealing with said they only had the floor model (which had threads pulling and stains) and there was none between Portland and Denver and sold out at JAX. She was like, take this one or you're out of luck. So of course now I really want it, but I don't want a crappy one! She takes off to talk to some friends who show her clothes that they just bought (she wasn't THAT young either, I'm thinking early 30's). So I stand there, dirty store wristlet in hand and think "I'll call the other Coach." I called them, they had 20 (!!) in stock and even stayed open LATE for me!! I told them what the other Coach had said and they just rolled their eyes and said they always do that! Just thought I'd add to the stories! :smile:

So sorry.
Customer service seems to have declined everywhere I go.
Buying Coach should be a happy time!
These gals are not getting paid to roll their eyes and give a tude!

PyAri~
I was thinking after reading your post about your return and then my experience yesterday about printing out the posts and sending them to Coach with my "eat s*&^" letter.
We need to come up with a "how many SA's does it take to make a return" joke too!
LOLLLL
I swear to god, you read my mind. I was thinking about that type of joke when i made the comment.

I have had terrible service in my coach store, i've had mediocre service, and I've had fabulous service. This holds true of almost ANY retail store I've ever shopped at. It is so sad that retail stores get away with treating their customers like crap sometimes. *sigh*. I think the best solution to this is that we really need to write those letters (real letters, not e-mails) to the corp hq and cc the managers. Coach must have a customer retention department. The more letters they receive, the better. E-mails are too easily lost/deleted.

DEFINITELY call or email customer service

that's ridiculous.

I have one store near me where they are snots and one where they are awesome! I'm sorry that happened to you, don't put up with it, FIGHT BACK!

Just of out curiosity which store(in our area) is your favorite? I like NE.

Kind of OT but remember, they do us a favor by allowing some customers to order new stuff at the PCE, sight unseen. They may get tired of people ordering in advance of a catalogue release and returning lots of stuff.

:sad:

i'm a coach sa.

we do get secret shoppers, we get graded and there is a good prize for those who are perfect 100%. like most retailers we do get secret shopped once a month.

Coach prides itself in customer service but the thing is, it's a human experience (if thats the best phrase for it, well, the best i can come up with now) and there will be errors.

There will be SAs that have a holier then thou attitude and yes it's messed up, it's not warranted and certainly they are serving you so you should be treated better.

Thats what we strive for, for the OP the manager seemed very nice, so i would suggest letting him know, he may not even be aware. Also, remind him that you were looking for him so he should have told you it was his day off or at least alert the staff..although for an exchange with reciept thats not necessary. Especially when you're going to go over the amount returned.

I sincerely hope that this experience does not make you think all coach SAs are bad.