I kicked the flip flop habit!

auroraskye

Sep 13, 2008
Today I bought two pair of flat sandals and I am throwing out all but one pair of flip flops for pool and backyard use! Honestly I wore flip flops because I generally dislike my feet in flat shoes, and I figured if my feet were going to be ugly anyway, might as well wear something cheap lol. BUT.. I am over it now, and I am starting with the two pair and perhaps I'll go on from there. I didn't buy anything exciting.. but they're certainly a step up from flip flops. :biggrin: Just thought I'd share.

i'm going through this exact situation. i use to wear flip flops a lot because i didn't really care about what was on my feet but during the past year i realized that i secretly DO care- and that's where my shoe addiction begins. :P i haven't bought a pair of flip flops in a while, just a ton of flat sandals (i'm addicted i must admit) and pairs of flats that i prefer any time over flip flops. they are good for pool and backyard use though, i agree.

anything that's a step up from flip flops is an accomplishment! i had a roommate who had tons of pairs of flip flops... i understand that they're easy to put on, but to complete an outfit with? :tdown: she would ask me which flip flop would look better with the outfit she had on... whatever.. that's her taste, definitely not mine. lol

I'm kind of the opposite. I don't wear flip flops except to the pool or if walking into my garage to do the laundry. I don't get how a lot of people can walk all day in flip flops. They do not seem good for the feet although flat shoes are just as bad and I do wear flats a lot!

I don't like looking at my toes, so I don't even wear sandals! Me Too is a good but inexpensive brand for flats (under $100).

Good luck with choosing some cute flats or sandals!!

hey! i love my fancy shoes, but i also LOVE flip flops... actually FIT FLOPS are so comfy that I wore them to tour Italy instead of sneakers! they went for miles!