I just recieved my Coach .. I'm going to cry =(

kayyle

O.G.
Aug 1, 2008
First of all, this was practically my HG bag for years-- I've always wanted a large carly and ESPECIALLY in the khaki/angora combo.
They are long gone from the stores and I've never been able to spot one on ebay so when I finally did stumble upon one the other week I was THRILLED! After a bit of bidding war I won

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200301322923

It just came by UPS and even marked as a gift I was charged $88 for "import charges". Okay this I can manage to choke down if it WAS infact "hardly any wear" or "Like new condition" as it states.. but...

IT'S NOT!
The bottom is dirty, which okay it's my error in judgement of the picture because it looks like it could be dirty but I thought it was a shadow in the picture. The corners are worn to where the jacquard has frayed, part of one leather trim side the thread stitching has popped out, the side of one turnlock hardware is scratched, the bottom feet are tarnished... and the inside lining of the bag is stained and DIRTY.

:crybaby:

I am so disapointed.. all together 280$ + 25$ ship + 88$ Import fees..USD converted to Canadian dollars.. wow, thats WELL OVER RETAIL PRICE!!

I've emailed the seller telling her of all this, I'm waiting on what she proposes to do.

Sorry guys for my sad rant, but I'm so upset right now. :crybaby:

This may be better suited for the ebay forum, but either way, communicate with your seller, and if they do not cooperate then use your payment method to get your money back (be it PP, CC, etc...). It is a disappointment of course, but realize that it was not meant to be, and you will still be on the search for your new bag it just might take some time. I also got a SNAD bag recently, and as much as it fustrates me not to get one in good condition as was described, it's not worth the headache involved in being upset over, no matter the money it will cost me to ship it back. Patience yeilds well to those willing to wait :smile:

And she said "I would be embarrassed to sell anything that was dirty or looked worn" Shame on her!!! I'm sorry you are going through this. Hopefully the seller will be decent and refund some of your money since her item was NOT as described! Good luck

i would definately contact the seller,,,i would never sell a bag like that to someone,,,tell her you would like to return the bag,,you might be stuck with the shipping fees back and what u had to pay for customs (which stinks!!) but at least get back the value of the bag,,,and let her know how pissed u r,,,dirty is one thing but frayed etc is not acceptable ,,even dirty is bad,,:cursing:
is she said like new,,that is how it shoub be ...LIKE NEW!!!

you might even want to open a case if she does not respond!!
do u have the link?

I feel so bad for you. I know what it is like waiting for a bag, much less a HG bag! That is a lot of money not to be happy with it. I hope the seller lets you return it, but I still hate to see you out shipping and import fees (would you be able to get these back?). She is a new seller so that alone would worry me. She even stated in her auction she would be embarrased to sell a dirty bag! If she does not work with you I would take many pics and send them to PP with a SNAD claim!
Good luck!

If she doesnt reply to you within say like 24 hrs of you emailing her I would dispute it on Paypal. Then file a complaint with eBay. You can get your money back from Paypal easy. I sell on eBay and not purses (Avon). Paypal is more geared towards buyers then it is sellers. Take pictures of the bag etc in case they need proof of the condition of it.

If you paid with PayPal you're covered if you file a SNAD and win. No matter what, you have to pay for the bag to be returned and be sure you get delivery confirmation. That is a must. Do not send the bag back until PayPal tells you too. You will definitely get the cost of the bag and the original shipping back if you win. You may get the return postage if the seller is decent. Also, since you didn't keep the bag, you should be able to get your money back from Customs. I'm not sure how you go about doing that though! So sorry it didn't work out, but you shouldn't have to settle for a dirty bag!

awww I checked the picture. The carpet and the bottom of the bag are both dirty. It looks like someone may have spilled cola on the carpet and it transferred to the bag. I hope you can work something out with the seller..however it is pictured with the stain. Goodluck.

I would be pissed. Definitely contact the seller. What a crock too "I only used this bag for 4 months, so there is hardly any wear. The bag looks like brand new, I would be embarrassed to sell anything that was dirty or looked worn" That's a blatant lie!

First of all, this was practically my HG bag for years-- I've always wanted a large carly and ESPECIALLY in the khaki/angora combo.
They are long gone from the stores and I've never been able to spot one on ebay so when I finally did stumble upon one the other week I was THRILLED! After a bit of bidding war I won

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200301322923

It just came by UPS and even marked as a gift I was charged $88 for "import charges". Okay this I can manage to choke down if it WAS infact "hardly any wear" or "Like new condition" as it states.. but...

IT'S NOT!
The bottom is dirty, which okay it's my error in judgement of the picture because it looks like it could be dirty but I thought it was a shadow in the picture. The corners are worn to where the jacquard has frayed, part of one leather trim side the thread stitching has popped out, the side of one turnlock hardware is scratched, the bottom feet are tarnished... and the inside lining of the bag is stained and DIRTY.

:crybaby:

I am so disapointed.. all together 280$ + 25$ ship + 88$ Import fees..USD converted to Canadian dollars.. wow, thats WELL OVER RETAIL PRICE!!

I've emailed the seller telling her of all this, I'm waiting on what she proposes to do.

Sorry guys for my sad rant, but I'm so upset right now. :crybaby:

I am sorry to hear this Kay hope you can make a SNAD and claim back your $$ or even get a big discount for the bag if you feel its cheaper to keep it.

anyway her photos are not the best but in her auction she states

The bag looks like brand new, I would be embarrassed to sell anything that was dirty or looked worn.

yikes!

Yea, wait 24 hours and then file SNAD with Paypal. When you ship it make be sure to use the same carrier and get a refund for the $88 you spent on customs. Make sure it is trackable with signature confirmation!

Wow, that is terrible! And for the seller to say that she would be embarrassed yet she set the bag down on a wet stain on the carpet and then posted the pics! I'm with the others, give her 24 hours to respond then open a claim. She has misrepresented her item, even if the pic shows the bag she says its like new. Nope, she is WRONG!

6 bids is hardly a bidding war LoL. But that's horrible about a bag you've been wanting so badly. I would wait for a reply and take LOTS of pictures of the damage so you have proof before you send it back. I would also fight for the customs charge on this.