I just recieved my Coach .. I'm going to cry =(

File a SNAD w/ PP, be very specific in your description as to WHY the bag is not as described. And do not return until PP tells you to return. Ship insured w/ SIGNATURE confirmation (due to price). You can sometimes talk PP into refunding overseas shipping. Sometimes.. it's hit & miss.

sorry you had to deal with this. hopefully u can win a SNAD claim.

i just saw the listing..the seller has only TWO feedbacks..both from buying. the pictures are very low quality. imo this should have been a red flag. in the future i would stick to more experienced ebayers or at least sellers that have some motivation for maintaining a high feedback. the thing is that in this case, even if you tell the seller you will leave a negative if she doesn't refund you, she may not care b/c she has nothing to lose. whereas with more experienced sellers, they will likely be more mindful of the items they sell because they want to maintain their good feedback etc.

Thanks everyone for their responses and advice! I really, really appreciate the help.
At the moment I have not yet received a reply from the seller.
I know its partial carelessness on my part for buying from a low fb seller, but if it's any excuse, I've never seen this bag listed before this one so I jumped at the opportunity.

I was wondering though, does anyone know for certain if I'm able to get the "Import Charges" of $88 back from UPS ,(what it was shipped through), even though it was marked as a "gift"?

In the meantime I'm going to take pictures like you all suggested, and give her 24 hours to respond before I open a dispute through paypal & ebay.

The UPS delivery guy took down my Mastercard creditcard Number. It usually takes around a few weeks for the charge to appear on my card. But I guess it's still considered paid for already since they have my information?

The UPS delivery guy took down my Mastercard creditcard Number. It usually takes around a few weeks for the charge to appear on my card. But I guess it's still considered paid for already since they have my information?
Call UPS and ask them. Tell them that u are returning the bag and what proof do u have to provide to reverse the customs charge.

Call UPS and ask them. Tell them that u are returning the bag and what proof do u have to provide to reverse the customs charge.

Thank you Ellie Mae!
I just read Paypal doesn't cover it so I will have to do what you suggested and call UPS. I have doubts on a refund on the full amount since 51.60 is brokerage fee (which from what I gather doesn't have to do with the actual custom fee?? :confused1:) ..I think the remainder should at least be refunded because it's listed as GST which is government tax.

I'm also a little bit iffy on the parcel being listed as "gift" but was actually an online transaction item (I did not ask for her to do so, even then--wow such a high fee). Will this get the seller in trouble for listing as gift (Since I will be revealing to UPS that I will be returning + ask for a refund) ? Or have any impact/influence on my inquiring for a refund on import charges?

I really doubt that anyone would care that the seller said that it was a gift so don't worry about that. Neither of you should be affected by it. A gift is supposed to be under $60 anyway to be exempt from duty.

It doesn't look like they charged you duty though, just pst and gst? You should be able to get that back though I think that you're right and that you won't be able to get back the UPS rip off brokerage fees.

If I were you, I would probably try to talk the seller into paying the shipping charges back to her since she did not describe the purse accurately. Of course you can't force her too but doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck with everything!

What's weird is her description of the bag

Inside zip pocket Cellphone/multifunction pockets Ring to clip an accessory or keyfob Zip-top closure Signature sateen fabric with leather trim Fabric lining 13 1/4" strap 14" drop 13 (L) x 12 1/2 (H) x 5 (W) Khaki with off-white strap. I hate to see this purse go, but I got a new Coach bag for Christmas, I think I only need one! This bag is perfect for EVERYTHING, it is classy, but casual at the same time. After carrying a large bag, I could not go back to anything even somewhat small. I only used this bag for 4 months, so there is hardly any wear. The bag looks like brand new, I would be embarrassed to sell anything that was dirty or looked worn.

I mean to type that out in an auction, then send the bag dirty, worn, and damaged? Some ebayers just kill me!

Try to file a dispute right away with paypal and escalate to a claim. Better yet call paypal and speak to them directly. If you need the no., PM me and I will look for it for you. Good luck.

Some pictures of the wear:
As I said the bottom of the bag in pictures look as if it could be shadows but those "shadows" are actually where it's dirty.

Attachments

• DSC07144.JPG
    DSC07144.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC07146.JPG
    DSC07146.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC07148.JPG
    DSC07148.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC07152.JPG
    DSC07152.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC07154.JPG
    DSC07154.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 94
More pictures.
Probably has to do with the khaki/beige colour of the bag where it doesn't show up as bad as it actually is in real life.

I have filed a SNAD with paypal, the seller offered a $80 partial refund if I want to keep the bag. However this barely even covers the import charges I had to pay for, so I'd still be 300$ USD (= approx 372$ CAD) short with a bag I don't even want to use or look at anymore. Luckily she's pleasant about it, apologized and offered a full refund too. Of course she should being that it was misdescribed, but I'm just happy that she wasn't a difficult seller that refused communcation or was plain hard to deal with.

As for UPS import charges, UPS has confirmed that the brokerage fee is indeed non-refundable but the 34.34$ paid for taxes can be applied for refund with the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA).
"This is the following is required:
Proof of export (proof that the goods have been shipped back to the sender).
A B2 or B2G form (Refund forms provided by the CBSA).
- A B2 is used for applying for refund on commercial imports.
- A B2G is used for applying for refunds on non– commercial imports.
A B3 (the Canada Customs Accounting Document used to clear the shipment at the original time of import). "
... anyone familiar with doing this??

Attachments

• DSC07161.JPG
    DSC07161.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC07160.JPG
    DSC07160.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC07158.JPG
    DSC07158.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC07155.JPG
    DSC07155.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC07162.JPG
    DSC07162.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 51
I am still blown away by her " The bag looks like brand new, I would be embarrassed to sell anything that was dirty or looked worn. "

Looking at your pictures sure does not portray a "like new bag".....some nerve!!!! Good luck! what people do for money!!!

Kat

Last edited: