I have two burning questions...help! (long--sorry)

height shouldn't matter. if you love it, then rock it. heck i have seen some pretty petite girls carry weekenders. as for the matching bags... i would carry the laptop in black bag, that way it would match with everything. also did you try using courrier style to use for work? i think that would look good too.

remember that gisele had one of the original bbags and she looked awesome -- so don't worry that you are too tall. i think with the oversized bag craze we've gotten a little warped in our perception of proportion. i'm a shorty and have always loved large bags but, like you, i too have recently fallen in love with the first. i have owned all the styles except the first and i now firmly believe that the first is the most appealing of them all. now if i could only fit all my stuff in one...

attachment.php

as for the color of your first and work, i agree that you should mix it up.

Hi Kates:

First of all, I think the matching bags would look dynamite...only with the First and the Work, though. If you carry a bag much bigger than a First AND a Work, it might be a little too much of a good thing. But a First and a Work? I think that would just look super-coordinated and cool.

Now, regarding the height thing. My niece is 6' and stunning. She carries these little bitty bags into which I couldn't even fit my keys, make-up and wallet. She looks dynamite. The louder the better, too. BUT, having said that, i get the impression from your question that YOU might feel a little self-conscious either with a smaller bag or a smaller bright bag. The bootm line is you're not going to use it if you're not totally, 100% comfortable. I'm 5'8" and was moaning on the board here a while back about a boob-squashage issue I THOUGHT I had with Day bag. People I truly trust (and have no problem letting me have the awful truth when I need it) told me the Day looked great. But, because I was always feeling it squishing against the side of my boobs, I felt like I weighed 1000 lbs. Even I could SEE that it looked okay, but I couldn't stand FEELING like a tub (I'm not incidentally!) If you have any reservations whatsoever, forget it. You shouldn't have to work at liking something, or feeling good wearing something that costs what these bags do. That's my humble opinion! But either way, best of luck....and don't forget the modelling pics. I do agree that if you want to full benefit of the collected wisdom (??!!!:P)here, we need to see!!

Are you kidding me? You would totally ROCK a First in a bright color!!! (To be tall and slender is my impossible dream...you're so lucky) Pochettes and wristlets are even tinier than the First, but I've seen amazonian supermodels wearing them and looking fierce.

And yes, I do sometimes carry my First (or City) together with my Work. Can never have too much of a good thing!

I agree with many here that if you love it yourself then go ahead and just use the First. Its one of the best small bags that I've seen across all brands, not just Balenciaga.

However, if you feel uncomfortable anyway, not because of what others think, but because YOU think it doesn't suit you proportionate wise, then I say let it go. But only if its a personal self conscious thing that when you look in the mirror with it, you don't like how it looks. I felt that way about the twiggy and let it go and picked other styles that, to me, looked much better (but again, it was my personal choice not taking in what others said - and I've not regretted it).

I like the idea of carrying a large and small Balenciaga. I have imagined doing it too (should I ever have a situation arise that warranted carrying 2 bags in 2 sizes). I think it looks very chic and coordinated.

Going back to the first though, go with your gut on how it makes YOU feel.

If you could post a pic wearing it though that would help alot. Good luck!

thanks so much for all of your help everyone! i feel like an idiot, but i got a new mac and cannot figure out how to resize the pics to make them smaller? any hints...i have some pics! :sad: