I have no friends...*join in*

i dont have any friends either. I'm an only child & have no cousins. I got expelled from school at 15 & my parents didnt allow me to stay in contact with anyone. I went to college and was very very unpopular as it was a state college and id come out of private boarding school - so i had an accent.
I left college after a year without friends or qualifications and went out to work, i didnt really make any proper friends there and we drifted apart when i left. I now work for a tiny independent company as a buyer and im the only employee.
I'm 22 and its "too late" to make new friends, plus people think you're wierd. I recently got married and everyone (as in my husband friends and my family) kept asking "where are your friends??" :crybaby: Up until 3/4 months before i had no bridesmaids.. i asked my husbands sister in law last minute, so everyone stopped looking at me strangely when i said i didnt have any one....

it sucks to have no friends and i cry about it weekly.. but what can you do about it?
I dont really get along with my husbands friends as we are from different walks of life and they all call me "Posh *****" behind my back.. which is just lovely! :rolleyes:

i dont have any friends either. I'm an only child & have no cousins. I got expelled from school at 15 & my parents didnt allow me to stay in contact with anyone. I went to college and was very very unpopular as it was a state college and id come out of private boarding school - so i had an accent.
I left college after a year without friends or qualifications and went out to work, i didnt really make any proper friends there and we drifted apart when i left. I now work for a tiny independent company as a buyer and im the only employee.
I'm 22 and its "too late" to make new friends, plus people think you're wierd. I recently got married and everyone (as in my husband friends and my family) kept asking "where are your friends??" :crybaby: Up until 3/4 months before i had no bridesmaids.. i asked my husbands sister in law last minute, so everyone stopped looking at me strangely when i said i didnt have any one....

it sucks to have no friends and i cry about it weekly.. but what can you do about it?
I dont really get along with my husbands friends as we are from different walks of life and they all call me "Posh *****" behind my back.. which is just lovely! :rolleyes:

which part of england are you from ??. Maybe you could come to one of our meet ups (thats if you dont mind travelling) I will be setting up a new one soon. You sound like a lovely and interesting person. Dont let nasty folk get you down ! you are fabulous ! :flowers:

PM me anytime, if you want to chat, I love talking to everyone :heart:

which part of england are you from ??. Maybe you could come to one of our meet ups (thats if you dont mind travelling) I will be setting up a new one soon. You sound like a lovely and interesting person. Dont let nasty folk get you down ! you are fabulous ! :flowers:

PM me anytime, if you want to chat, I love talking to everyone :heart:
I think you're on a mission to erase loneliness from the world...!You're the best.

I was also thinking, what about trying a social networking group such as Myspace etc., I know you read alot of problems with it but if your careful, it can be a great place to meet people in your area and other people from all walks of life with the same interests as you. :smile:

Juicy, your story really touched me. It's funny how life's circumstances create situations like yours and Venetiakim's...
And it's so sad that your husband's friends judge you. Why do they care what you are and what you do? Many people call me a princess ( in the negative way) and while it bothers me sometimes, I think, how pathetic are they, wasting their time to pass judgement?
Socialite, you are so sweet! A friend matchmaker! :biggrin:

Juicy, your story really touched me. It's funny how life's circumstances create situations like yours and Venetiakim's...
And it's so sad that your husband's friends judge you. Why do they care what you are and what you do? Many people call me a princess ( in the negative way) and while it bothers me sometimes, I think, how pathetic are they, wasting their time to pass judgement?
Socialite, you are so sweet! A friend matchmaker! :biggrin:

thankyou, its really people on here who change peoples lives. Things like the RAOK and getting involved has also made me alot of new friends. The stories in this thread touched me too and a little upset me, its the 21st century and there are still people who feel lonely. With all the technology we have this should not be happening. If we all get together and help eachother out Im sure we can make peoples lives a little better. :flowers:

Hey Juicy your only 22, you have plenty of time to make friends. My mom is in her fifties and is still making friends. This topic interests me because I too don't have any girlfriends. I'll admit I do have a lot of guy friends, but we all know that's kind of a different dynamic. I read that a woman lives longer if she has other female friends, and I believe it. We are all looking for that other female to confide in and love us no matter what. The same qualities we look for in a man but in a different way. But anyways sorry for ranting, just found it interesting. PM if any of you all need to talk!!!

Vkim....I know exactly where you are coming from. I live in the US, but my family is from Patmos (MUCH MUCH smaller than Crete as you know) and we go there for vacation every year. We always talk about moving there one day, but I think we'd need 6 months there and 6 months here, I don't think I could handle a year on such a small island. I DO love it and leave a piece of myself there every time I leave, but I remember years ago when I stayed there for a few months that life got a bit lonesome at times, especially if you were trying not to get caught up in the island "gossip...koutsombolia" it seems that is all most make time for. I see that many have given you some great ideas on here and some are difficult to follow through with on a Greek Island. I have Patmos and Greece fever right now and am not going there this year.........I'm REALLY missing it, but hope to go and stay a couple of months next summer (keeping my fingers crossed......we have built a house and all I have seen are pictures so far......)
I agree with the ones that said to use this time to catch up on reading, get some magazines.....take a trip to Athens and shop (retail therapy ya know.....I always go to LV in Athens and buy a little something....they make me feel like such a princess there and so welcome), hang out at a kafenion and people watch (you never know who might come sit next to you and strike up a conversation), make sure your clothes are so tight that you cant' breathe (no matter how much you weigh, because that's what the girls (and some guys) do there right?? hehehehe), take up tavli and meet some old greek men who can introduce you to their sons and grandons (daughters and granddaughters..hehehehe)... I know i'm being silly but I thought i'd try and cheer you a bit, lift your spirits....if you ever want to chitchat, let me know, I have MSN, yahoo and AIM.... :smile: :smile:

hang out at a kafenion and people watch (you never know who might come sit next to you and strike up a conversation), make sure your clothes are so tight that you cant' breathe (no matter how much you weigh, because that's what the girls (and some guys) do there right?? hehehehe), take up tavli and meet some old greek men who can introduce you to their sons and grandons (daughters and granddaughters..hehehehe)... I know i'm being silly but I thought i'd try and cheer you a bit, lift your spirits....if you ever want to chitchat, let me know, I have MSN, yahoo and AIM.... :smile: :smile:
OMG!you caught the very essence of our lives!haha! Thank you for cheering me up!!!:wlae:

I am so sorry to hear you have been lonely. I think the other PFers have offered great advice and support and hope that has cheered you up a bit.

It's never too late to make new friends. I moved to Scotland from NYC when I married my DH and knew no one other than my DH and some of his friends. It was very difficult in the beginning, but eventually I made some really good friends. It just takes time and some effort. You have to put yourself out there and eventually you will meet someone that you click with.

I even met someone on the PF that lives in the same city, and we are great friends now and have dinner together, go shopping, etc. It's fab!

By the way, love your island. My DH and i have stayed in Elounda a few times, and plan to go back soon. Lovely:beach: