I have HAD it with THAT WOMAN....

Roo said:
Have you ever noticed that when you try to tell people who are not in a situation like this what is going on, and what it's like, they look at you like you are from another planet? :rant: See.... now I'm started.... :lol:

completely! no one gets it:roflmfao:

Celesus said:
OHHH my god I am right there! She threw a fit because I didnt want her at our Xmas dinner ...she has been at them up untill this past one ... I just put my foot down finnialy...my dear man's famiely was trying to be nice and accomidating b/c she is little billy's mom ... she walked out on the kid when he was an infant... she loses her rights IMHO

My inlaws are so clueless- we have gotten to the point where we don't attend any family functions any more. The problem is that they don't want his ex there, can't stand her, but no one has the b*lls to tell the pushy old cow "no". Most NORMAL people would have no interest whatsoever in hanging out with former inlaws on holidays- but this lady is so deluded, she still tells people she's my hubby's wife and they've been divorced for 12 years!! So guess what? She goes and we don't. I told my SIL that they deserve each other. Its so ridiculous it's funny at this point. :rolleyes:

That is a similarcircumstance to mine , his EX just cant give up his famiely ... she CHEATED ON HIM and left their child ... dosen't that sevor your ties? You said she all but Bankrupt him ?

I wish I had the guts you have. I have always been afraid of confrontation. I usually end up walked all over with my feelings shattered. And even then I don't say anything or stick up for myself. Bravo to you.....BRAVO!!!! Women like you give women like me hope!!!

Yes, my hubby's ex always spent more than he earned. When he finally left her, she ran up 20k in debt he did not even know about. He paid her alimony and child support to the tune of 5k a month for seven years. She squandered every penny. Did not try to get a college degree (she has a HS education) or a better job. She is content to stay in the same dead end job she's had for nearly 20 years. Her alimony ended in 2001 and she tried to go to court to get more. Judge told her to get a life. I would have had all the respect in the world for her if she'd done something to better herself, but she has no desire. I hate to say it but she is the epitome of white trash.

In 2004 child support for my oldest stepdaughter ended and a year later she lost the house she got in the divorce. It was worth 750k. She was upside down in it with multiple mortgages. So my poor stepdaughters got moved into a rental from the only house they'd ever known. My hubby felt awful because he felt the house just was a total waste but everything that woman touches is a waste! A month after she lost her house she bought her fifth new car in four years. She lives beyond her means. I love to buy handbags, but I set a limit and once I reach that on my CC, I pay it down before I buy more. My hubby said even when he was paying her all the alimony, he still had MORE money than when he was married to her. One of the reasons we waited so long to get married is because she has threatened to come after my income multiple times. My younger SD is 17 now so all bets are off if she tries to come after me. I will fight her in court until she is living in a cardboard box! It would hardly be worth it at this point for her to fight me and she knows it. I do have a prenup just in case though.

That is just the financial stuff. I could go on and on about the mental case this person is and the problems with the inlaws. I do feel that the inlaws are finally getting a clue about her. She threw a tantrum at my older SDs graduation because my husband's sisters came over and sat with us for 20 minutes. :rolleyes: They saw that and I think it was an eye opener. If that wasn't, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

The sad part is that we have always been the bigger people and have never said anything bad about her to my stepdaughters. I love them like they are my own and we are very close. I see what they have had to deal with emotionally with her and it is very hard to watch. Not much I can do about it though. I also get mad when I see women STRUGGLING with no child support- and my husband and I do everything we can for the girls, including paying for the older one's college because "mommy" squandered all the money. I could go on and on. But I will say that my older SD actually called and wished me a happy mother's day this year. That means a lot. :love:

Sorry for the rant!!! :hrmm:

Oh my God!
I know that we celibrate ecess to a degree here , but that is INSANE and selfish to boot, when you have children you make that sacrifice in the beginning to take care of them and do right by them . HOW bad with money do you have to be to squander it like that? I can spend 3k on handbags every once in a while , but for god sake , if the kids need anything , I dont even think twice ... YOu are so lucky to have grateful SDs tho... I got 2 beautiful cards for mother's day that made me cry.... i guess at lease her son is the only goood thing that came out of her . You were smart to wait to marry , she sounds like a wack job!:blink:

Oh ladies, I feel for you! One of my best friend's has a very similar situation. You are right-I never would have believed crap like this happened until she started to go through it!

The sad thing there are 3 kids involved in her situation and the ex-:censor: uses them against my friend's husband. The ex literally uses the child support money soley for herself. She is also supposed to be paying for their dental care and the 6-year old had to have three root canals because she hadn't been to the dentist in so long. The other two have major issues with their mouths as well and my friend and her husband have had to break down and pay for their dental care. So where is the child support going? Well she just showed up to pick up the kids (2 hours late again, of course) in a brand new SUV! There is so so so much more than this that has happened and my poor friend is at her wit's end. The ex is a total pyscho who cheated and left my friend's husband, but as soon as she found out he was getting remarried, she of course decided she needed to have him back. It has been nothing but a battle since then.

I honestly hope I never have to be in a situation like this! I have a very big mouth and have a difficult time holding my tongue.:shame:

Celecus-You rock! Way to put her in her place!

Roo said:
One of the reasons we waited so long to get married is because she has threatened to come after my income multiple times. My younger SD is 17 now so all bets are off if she tries to come after me. I will fight her in court until she is living in a cardboard box! It would hardly be worth it at this point for her to fight me and she knows it. I do have a prenup just in case though.

Oh man, Roo! How have you kept your sanity????

My friend had the same threats, but in Nebraska, the ex cannot go after the new spouse's money! Thank goodness. Let me tell you what--the ex was beyond pissed when she found that out! So you know what she did when she found out the money was tapped from my friend and her husband? Got engaged to the first schmuck she could sink her claws into! :rolleyes: