I have fallen in love....with my OWN BAG!!

hey everyone - thanks so much for your kind words!

My hubby likes to take pics of me walking down the street in fun places - I made sure to have the bag in the pic so I could show you guys a sliver of Milan - and almost tramaturgo's house! :lol: small world indeed!!

bags4bubbles, nicole, and danae - it does feel a bit fickle (and CRAZY because these bags aren't cheap!) to be going back and forth but I've found that each size really lends itself to what I'm doing at the time. Work and City and Day are perfect for work, City and First great for shopping, First fits going out at night...and I saw a Twiggy in 10 Corso Como the other day that I liked...RUN AWAY!!!! :graucho:

anyway, the advice given by the gals and guys on this forum is invaluable - I'm so glad I posted originally or this baby would've been gone! You all are the best! :tup:

More Milan: on top of the incredible Duomo!
Maybe I can get a gelato and bbag shot at some point - since I have it EVERY DAY. :sweatdrop: hey - a "Travelling Bbags" thread would be fun - us with our bags in places all over the world! Kinda like the Hermes Travelling H Scarf thread but different (which is so great btw, if you haven't checked it out...) another side note: I've noticed LVs are everywhere here, mainly speedys 25 and 30. I didn't notice that as much in France... Have also seen a bunch of Bbags out and about - mostly authentic, too... :yes:

Attachments

• june_0002a.JPG
    june_0002a.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 60
  • june_0007a.JPG
    june_0007a.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 25
  • june_0024a.JPG
    june_0024a.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 27
bellenuit.. It was reassuring to read your post.. because Im in that situation right now. I just rec'd my 1st city in Grenat & I too honestly thought it was going to be a bit larger and I wasn't "wowed" by it. But, I'm giving it a chance :tup: Btw,.. the pictures are great!

attachment.php

Yep! That's the local porcupine (not you, the Duomo)

:roflmfao:porcupine! :roflmfao: hey tramaturgo if you had to pick one place/thing to do in Milan for someone, what would it be?

oogiewoogie - coraggio! it just takes a little while to get preconceived notions out of the way...hey a grenat city! I'd love to add a red to my collection - let us know how it turns out for you!

One place to go: Looking at the alps from the roof of the Duomo(porcupine), but only if it's a sunny day and the sky is clear.

One thing to do: Shopping in Via Montenapoleone and via Sant'andrea and Via Spiga area. What's very peculiar of this area is that all the luxury shops are one close to another packed in a couple of streets. They are not that concentrated in other places(cities)

Oh, and I forgot food. It's not the right place to be on a diet. Just about everything is good. Hand made ice creams from specially devoted shops are TDF

And then there's the "aperitivo" tradition, but that's another story...:graucho:

Shhsh...too much stuff to do.

But it's a place you have to know, you'll be disappointed and find it ugly looking otherwise. I just mean that the regular sightseeing might be quite disappointing if you don't know where to go

bags4bubbles, nicole, and danae - it does feel a bit fickle (and CRAZY because these bags aren't cheap!) to be going back and forth but I've found that each size really lends itself to what I'm doing at the time. Work and City and Day are perfect for work, City and First great for shopping, First fits going out at night...and I saw a Twiggy in 10 Corso Como the other day that I liked...RUN AWAY!!!! :graucho:

I hear what you're saying!! Gorgeous pics, BTW!! Trauma - WOW! I can't believe you live in this gorgeous place... its amazing!!

This is why I'm really, REALLY trying to make a conscientious effort to figure out what *really* works for me... and then stick with it. I've had a chance to test out a number of styles, so I think I need to use the "go with what works" theory now... I love the first!! I wish I could make it work for me... but I'm boring & never go out. (Trials & tribulations of being married... to someone that doesn't like to go out!) Sooooo... all I ever do it seems like is run errands or go shopping... the City seems to fit the bill for that. ;)

hey - a "Travelling Bbags" thread would be fun - us with our bags in places all over the world! Kinda like the Hermes Travelling H Scarf thread but different (which is so great btw, if you haven't checked it out...)

belle - That is a WONDERFUL idea!!! :nuts: :tup:
I would have done that last year, except I was too chicken to bring a bbag on my trip! :Push: But, I vow that I will take one with me on my next one!!

Your '04 city looks great!! And I'm loving your pictures!! I've never been to Milan before, but your pics are a wonderful source of reference of places to see. :yes:
(Trama - you are so lucky to live there! I'm noting the places you mention, too.)

p.s. I know what you mean about the gelato. I, too, had one just about everyday. But, pls. make sure that you eat something first before having one. (I had a large bowl on an empty stomach and got sick soon after - not a good feeling!!)
I know I shouldn't have done that, but I was a sucker for the gelato...:P