I have driven myself INSANE trying to buy a gold bag! (looooooong)

ooo that last one is sooo pretty!!! is it the ysl besace?

btw among ur orders, i like this one best
ANDA-WY12_V1.jpg

Update: my loot from revolve got here, and it's like goldilocks - one isn't gold enough, one isn't metallic enough, and one is a little too big. BUT I was flipping through Lucky this morning and saw an ad for Dooney & Burke - a brand I NEVER THOUGHT I would buy - and they had gold bags! So I ran over and picked one up. Now it's between the Seven bag and the D&B.

On the bright side, I have about 8 gold handbags sitting in my living room, hanging out and getting to know one another. My fiance thinks I'm insane.

:roflmfao:
Sounds like you are getting closer! Sometimes it's hard to find exactly what we are looking for w/out doing a lot of work!

Beautiful bags! I hope you find one you like! There is also a goldtone Coach bag if you're interested... it's the Metallic Carly and comes in two sizes...

I do like the Coach slim Carly, but it's not "gold" enough for me - more of a silver, you know?

Hopefully one of those works out!

I saw this bag yesterday at Stuart Weitzman in a pale gold. I can't find a picture of the pale gold bag, but here is the shoe in the same line. If you want to see more pictures of the bag, you can go to the Zappos link below.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7377568/c/14394.html

That soft gold is the perfect color! The buckles may be too much for me, but I will definitely check this out at the Stuart Weitzman near me.

Also - here is a picture of the D&B that I bought today:
LM196_l.jpg

ooo that last one is sooo pretty!!! is it the ysl besace?

btw among ur orders, i like this one best
ANDA-WY12_V1.jpg

yes it's the ysl besace :love:. i wish i could afford it! i mean, i can afford it, but then i wouldn't be able to buy any more handbags for a year, and i know that's not happening.

That revolve one is definitely the nicest of the bunch but it's a little huge and it's not quite gold - it's really more of a pewter.

I went on a gold bag kick awhile back. It's true that the perfect gold bag is hard to find. I went through what you went through but ended up getting a Kooba Jackie in Pewter which I really like. The leather doesn't look cheap or thin and the color really goes with everything.

http://www.pinkmascara.com/pinkmasc...+pewter&pf_id=paaaiaobifacebfa&dept_id=3045&

Good luck and let us know what you ended up with. :yes:

Speaking of Gold Kooba bags...

http://www.thehipchick.com/product.php?productid=18090&cat=264&page=1

I don't like the mirror look, but just in case someone does and likes sales!

Oh wow! I would have never guessed this was D&B just looking at it... it looks gorgeous! Is it true to the color in the pic? Very pretty!

Yes it's a very similar color, a very soft, pale gold. Trust me, I can't really believe I bought a D&B either. In my mind, D&B is for midwestern teenagers, but I went into their store today, and some of their bags were pretty nice. The had some really nice croco bags too (I don't know if they were mock or not, but I'm assuming for the price it's not real croc).

The only thing I don't like about the bag is that the edges of the leather is red...I don't know how to describe it, you can kind of see it in the picture. It's not a huge flaw and for $325 it's fine.

Awww...too bad none of the Revolve bags worked out. Did you buy the D&B online or in person?

in person (thank god!)

Update: my loot from revolve got here, and it's like goldilocks - one isn't gold enough, one isn't metallic enough, and one is a little too big. BUT I was flipping through Lucky this morning and saw an ad for Dooney & Burke - a brand I NEVER THOUGHT I would buy - and they had gold bags! So I ran over and picked one up. Now it's between the Seven bag and the D&B.

On the bright side, I have about 8 gold handbags sitting in my living room, hanging out and getting to know one another. My fiance thinks I'm insane.

putting them out in living room with stuffed animals what a great idea!