I have a dumb question

Jul 20, 2006
So I have been wondering and I even asked a few LV sa's what happens when the LV's are discontinued and sent back. Where do they go? I know there is not an outlet.. are they just destroyed? Does Elux get them and then just sell them out? Just curious..
The mini collection is still available at Elux but the LV stores say it was taken out of their stores..
Thanks.. inquiring minds want to know.. :rolleyes:

I think somehow they'll store the discontinued pieces somewhere, so that when you call 1866 they'll locate one for you and send it to you.

I'm more interested in how they treat the defects though, like a little scratch here or there...

I read the the limited edition items were kept in shopd untill they were sold out...I thought they'd so the same thing with discontinued items. I could be wrong, though

Also, to add not many bags end up being burned. There is a lot of time in between where, like I said earlier, they are offered the staff at an incredible discount-something like 75% off and they are also transferred to other stores to get more exposure in hopes they will sell. Burning is the final action, but not many end up getting destroyed.

Also, to add not many bags end up being burned. There is a lot of time in between where, like I said earlier, they are offered the staff at an incredible discount-something like 75% off and they are also transferred to other stores to get more exposure in hopes they will sell. Burning is the final action, but not many end up getting destroyed.

Exactly..they're still sending around Cerises pieces and even the Panda. Most of the time though, the pieces sell out before they even consider that option. They give them VERY ample time to sell first, by sending it from store to store or via 866-vuitton, THEN they offer them at an 80% or so discount, THEN they send them away to be burned. However, this process takes a number of years, it's not immediate.

When I talked w/ the SA in St. Louis he stated that the "season's bags that do not sell are shipped back to Europe and destroyed" He said this under his breath as to not be heard by other staff. I believe he was telling the truth...this was during the Cherry release time:crybaby:

defected ones or display ones (on the shelf with tons of light and heat = patina'ed leather) or ones with scratches from customers' nails, excessive handling, etc.. all get sent back to warehouse and is sold to employees at about 75% off.