I hate snooty SAs, think they are all that.

bagnshoofetish said:
I guarantee you that the higher ups (CEO's, VP's and the like) never condone this behavior from these minimum wage employees. Every customer counts to them! I don't care how high end the store is. Thats why I always encourage anyone who gets treated this way to go straight to their customer service department or ask for the person's immediate supervisor. If that person gives you flack go straight to the top! Those people will be reprimanded and the company will fall over backwards to make it up to you!

I totally agree. I would do better writing something because I would not want my emotions to get in the way of the message I want to convey. However we choose to do it, we should definitely let higher ups know about our negative experiences. From what I've seen, they tend to take it very seriously, because if we'll go through the trouble of letting them know, them we'll very likely let other potential customers know, too.

Guess what? I believe we must have had the same SA. While searching for a Lilac B-bag, I came across Susans in SF. I contacted them by phone since I am a distance away. She said as soon as they received one she would give me a call. So later that week, she called and said they had just gotten in a lilac box. I told her I was no longer interested because I purchased the one I was looking for already. She had the nerve to question my knowledge by asking why and where did I purchase it. When I told her from a trusted e-bay seller, she said "Oh, trusted or not, Im sure its fake". They have also lost my future business. I wish I would have gotten her name.

Buttery said:
I totally agree. I would do better writing something because I would not want my emotions to get in the way of the message I want to convey. However we choose to do it, we should definitely let higher ups know about our negative experiences. From what I've seen, they tend to take it very seriously, because if we'll go through the trouble of letting them know, them we'll very likely let other potential customers know, too.
good point. staying calm and professional only drives the point home that an intelligent (possibly affluent) customer has been driven away.

Agreed!
I once went to a small clothing store and the SA didn't say anything, just followed me around (literally a foot away) and refolded every item that I touched. It doesn't sound like much, but it was the way she did it, it's hard to explain. I was really hurt.

I very much dislike snobby SA's. I'm an SA and I'm always really nice, even to people who treat me poorly.

However, I also dislike when people go for the "they're just minimum wage employees who can't afford what they're selling to you" argument. :smile: It just seems, well- just as snobby as the SA! :smile:

I totally empathize about your experience though, a bad SA can ruin a whole shopping experience!

PS. I don't think I'd ever want an SA to get in trouble unless they did something incredibly horrible, and dangerous to me. My hurt feelings aren't worth ruining someone's job.

Dani said:
I very much dislike snobby SA's. I'm an SA and I'm always really nice, even to people who treat me poorly.

However, I also dislike when people go for the "they're just minimum wage employees who can't afford what they're selling to you" argument. :smile: It just seems, well- just as snobby as the SA! :smile:

I totally empathize about your experience though, a bad SA can ruin a whole shopping experience!

PS. I don't think I'd ever want an SA to get in trouble unless they did something incredibly horrible, and dangerous to me. My hurt feelings aren't worth ruining someone's job.
I hear ya. the minimum wage remark came out of anger. merely to point out that they have no right to act better than anyone else. didn't mean to offend anyone.

bagnshoofetish said:
I hear ya. the minimum wage remark came out of anger. merely to point out that they have no right to act better than anyone else. didn't mean to offend anyone.

aww, no worries darling! :smile: I just like to stick up for the SA's out there- I still understand that there are some DREADFUL ones out there that act like their customers are the ground they walk on. :smile:

Dani said:
My hurt feelings aren't worth ruining someone's job.

Not trying to argue, but this statement really worries me. I see what you're saying about the minimum wage thing, though. But IMO, nobody should treat you badly and get away with it. It's one thing if the SA is making mistakes (dropping/tripping over things) but being nice the whole time.:lol: It's another thing when the SA is treating you as if you don't belong there. If they're treating certain people badly, then they really don't value their job, minimum wage or not. IMO, no customer is more important than any other. There are filthy rich people who might visit a certain store twice a year because they can afford to go all over the world and buy whatever they want when they want. And there are people who can't afford to travel all over the world, but they visit that same store, and depending on how they're treated, they'll return again and again for all of their higher end purchases.

When I write to a store about a negative experience, I'm not trying to get someone fired; I'm trying to let the store know why I probably won't be returning. I realize that people need their jobs; I also realize that I have a right to be treated well, especially when I'm spending my money.

Buttery said:
Not trying to argue, but this statement really worries me. I see what you're saying about the minimum wage thing, though. But IMO, nobody should treat you badly and get away with it. It's one thing if the SA is making mistakes (dropping/tripping over things) but being nice the whole time.:lol: It's another thing when the SA is treating you as if you don't belong there. If they're treating certain people badly, then they really don't value their job, minimum wage or not. IMO, no customer is more important than any other. There are filthy rich people who might visit a certain store twice a year because they can afford to go all over the world and buy whatever they want when they want. And there are people who can't afford to travel all over the world, but they visit that same store, and depending on how they're treated, they'll return again and again for all of their higher end purchases.

When I write to a store about a negative experience, I'm not trying to get someone fired; I'm trying to let the store know why I probably won't be returning. I realize that people need their jobs; I also realize that I have a right to be treated well, especially when I'm spending my money.
another good point. every employee has a responsibility to their employer and treating customers well isn't an option, it's a requirement. Complaining about the SA isn't about getting anyone fired. It's about sending a message to them that they better get their act together if they want to be employed there or anywhere esle for that matter. If I'm rude to someone in my vocation, you better believe I'd hear about it.
All in all, I think we are all on the same page.
:amuse:

ya. snobby SAs suck! i totally understand wut u feel.
when situations like that happen to me....i just think, wutev... they are just bitter bc their job for life prolly is standing there selling stuff for like 15 bucks an hour. I mean, iss not like they OWN the store. they are prolly so pathetic and ignorant... and prolly lack personal achievements in life that the only thing that makes them feel accomplished is by being stuck up and *****y to customers.

arg

kylieReese said:
As many of you know, I ordered a red balenciaga box from bluefly the other day. I went into this boutique called Susans in San Francisco today just to take a look at the size of the box and some other b bags. From the moment I walked in, this SA comes up to me and asks "can I help you?" but not in a nice way or anything, totally in a condescending tone. I was a wearing juicy velour suit, maybe she thought I wasn't dressed up enough or something. So anyways, I ask her where the b bags are and she shows me to them and says what are you looking for. I said just want to look at the box and do you have any other colors besides the lilac. She says no, so I ask when are you getting the fall colors in. She then says I don't know whats coming in the fall, it's only march. not in a very nice tone again. The whole time I was in there she watched me like a hawk, and kept asking me if she could help me with anything else like she was trying to get me out of the store. First of all she didn't know anything about b bags, I knew way more then her and I only know because of this forum. So anyways since they didn't have any colors besides lilac and white, I decided to leave, as I was walking out the door she says whatever you do don't buy any b bags on line because they are all fake!. NOw I know that's not true from reading so much a b bags. man I was sooo pissed when I left the store, I almost felt for julia roberts in pretty women. When I buy my next Balenciaga I'm definetly not giving them my business.

that happened to my husband and i at LV. several SA walked by us and did not help so.. a bag, a wallet and several ties latter, were they p.o.'d. they did not get our sale. we go back there a lot and those same sa's threat us so much better, but unfortynately for them we will only deal with the sa that helped us on that firs day

spiralsnowman said:
Agreed!
I once went to a small clothing store and the SA didn't say anything, just followed me around (literally a foot away) and refolded every item that I touched. It doesn't sound like much, but it was the way she did it, it's hard to explain. I was really hurt.

I know exactly what you mean when i was in saks a while ago, every time i touched a bag to feel the leather the SA would walk behind me and adjust the bag like a CM i was soooo mad :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Not to get OT but do you notice how stores treats you differently based on what bags you are carrying? like when i was in short hills this week i went in by nordstroms so i went to fendi first and the SA was totally rude and followed me like a bloodhound reciting all the prices to me like i couldn't afford them. Then later i stopped by w/ two bags from LV to check out the spy again, and she totally changed her attitude. :blink: but i have to say the SA at LV was very sweet i will definitely be going back there for my next LV