I Guess I Need Reassurance Im Doing the Right Thing

You definitely did the right thing. I would rather take a neg from the first seller than file a npb and have no choice but to sell the bag to a potential scammer if ebay forces them to pay.

Yes evil bay has been no help, I messaged them and told them of the "shared account" and posting to another country...... explained to them I wasnt comfortable their reply was bla bla bla lol , is it even allowed to share an ebay account across continents?

The buyer emailed me a crappy email too since I filed the npb thingy saying something about I didnt give them the postage cost ? which im drawing a blank on, as when I did they asked for me to post it in a smaller box, with less bubble wrap, unisured & marked as gift? When I replied with sorry no I wont post it uninsured and offered for them to pay with a wire if they wanted to save money on postage, ive not heard back from them. They have yet to even contact me to say their pp account was now set up?

Anyway....another day another evil bay drama I guess lol lol , Im pretty sure they really dont want to pay and will use the postage as an out, which Im quite happy with honestly with the underlying feeling I have about the sale.

Thanks again everyone I didnt realise how much it helps to vent on here having other people opinions really helps to keep things even.

Regards

Last edited:
Why don't you block international buyers on your auctions if you prefer to sell only to confirmed U.S. Paypal addresses, this is what I have done in the past. When you block them, they are unable to bid on your auctions. You are doing the right thing, follow your gut instincts, this feels like a scam to me also.

Why don't you block international buyers on your auctions if you prefer to sell only to confirmed U.S. Paypal addresses, this is what I have done in the past. When you block them, they are unable to bid on your auctions. You are doing the right thing, follow your gut instincts, this feels like a scam to me also.

Hi, Southerncharm the listing was WW as I've never had a problem selling O/S. (always cautious for sure) This transaction I think was odd from the start being a shared ebay account in the UK and they wanted me to post to Malaysia.

I wouldnt have blocked UK bidders anyway, it's just a situation that didnt sit right with me.

I hope your right about the neg...

Regards

Last edited: