I Guess I Need Reassurance Im Doing the Right Thing

PennyLane

O.G.
May 18, 2008
559
2
Hi Everyone,

Ive been reading the ebay forum on the tpf for a while and have taken on board all the buying/selling advice so I guess that's why Im here (yep my first thread). I apologise if it seems a no brainer I just thought I would run it by you guys and again get some reassurance Im doing the right thing.

I had a high priced bag listed on eBay and whilst the auction was current a potential buyer emailed and asked me and asked if they had a shared account which was in the UK would I post to Malaysia. I replied sorry no I would only post to a registered PP address as per my listing description.

Ok that person won the auction ?. Then I get an email saying they were going to open a new pp account..seemed ok

So I got prices on postage and emailed them and I had still not heard back from the buyer, I emailed and asked "do you still want this bag" their reply was can you send it uninsured / less wrap / & mark as gift. (to save postage mmm) I replied back saying no with no reply from them.

So I know I am not going to post it with no insurance, anyway long story short I have offered it as a second chance offer to the next high bidder its been 5 days since the sale and again after reading on here about seller disaster's "IF IT DOESNT FEEL RIGHT" "GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCT" ....I feel I am doing the right thing, Offering it to the next high bidder?


You think? I guess I am going to cop a negative?

ThankYou Kindly Ladies I Appreciate Your Time

Regards
 
Last edited:

pebblesbb

*in la-la-land*
May 1, 2009
207
0
Yes I think you the did right think. It is very possible that this buyer is legitimate, however if you don't feel comfortable then you must protect yourself. I would NEVER send anything out uninsured- that is a disaster waiting to happen.
 

PennyLane

O.G.
May 18, 2008
559
2
Tar Pebblesbb

yeah something just isnt sitting right...not so much the countries. More so the shared account in 2 different countries and then not contacting me. They also had low feedback.

When I win a bag I turn into An*l annie lol lol , so I can pay and get it into the post asap. They might very well be legit but there is something that just doesnt feel right.

Thanks
 
Last edited:

MOWCAM

O.G.
Nov 18, 2009
2,241
29
Norway
You did the right thing! Absolutely! Relist the bag and sell it to someone with just the intention of buying a beautiful bag, save yourself the trouble, hassel and headache of not doing everything by the book... Good luck!
 

PennyLane

O.G.
May 18, 2008
559
2
Thanks Ladies , yes Ive read enough to know not to post without insurance there is some fabulous advice on here.

It just seems like the buyer is leaving the ball in my court I could be wrong again its just a feeling , It feels like they are sitting back and as a seller I am waiting for payment if you know what I mean.

Ive offered it to the second high bidder, Ive never done a second chance offer before but all the same Id rather re list than have the sick feeling some seller's on here have talked about

Thank you again ,

Regards
 

PennyLane

O.G.
May 18, 2008
559
2
You did the right thing! Absolutely! Relist the bag and sell it to someone with just the intention of buying a beautiful bag, save yourself the trouble, hassel and headache of not doing everything by the book... Good luck!
That is so true , I even emailed pp to confirm the way I was posting it was ok since registered post is not available to Malaysia with insurance under 2kg (I had no clue ive only posted to the usa before and its available for postage there)

The pp email was so detailed , gawd I had to have a couple of panadol just to read it (can I post the email from pp here ? it is so detailed)

lol
 
Jul 16, 2009
1,443
93
You should report your first buyer and if she does not pay in 4 days, you will have you fees back and she will get a non-paying buyer strike and will not be able to leave you a feedback. :smile:
 

deekai

Member
Jan 30, 2008
760
0
You really need to go through the whole unpaid buyer dispute and then close it after 4 days. You get your fees back and the first buyer cannot file an non-performing seller dispute.

You have done the right thing with that one exception. The first buyer sounds very like a scam.
 

PennyLane

O.G.
May 18, 2008
559
2
Thankyou Ladies I appreciate your replies, yes it wasnt sitting right with me & I will put in an unpaid item dispute really the reason I didnt was because I didnt want to force the sale to go ahead I wanted to see the responses on here and decide maybe to put in a cancel transaction. I definitely wont be selling to them though.

Again Thankyou All Very Much
 
Last edited:

PennyLane

O.G.
May 18, 2008
559
2
Thanks again Everyone I filed the dispute last night after your advice..no word from buyer as yet