I Got Lucky (My First Bal)

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
Chicago
I went back to Neiman Marcus to return a metallic Bottega bag I bought the day before that had a crack in the strap, and I got super lucky. The Michigan Avenue location only carries the higher end bags and when I went in, they had really nice bags on sale plus an additional 33% off the sale price.

I ended up getting a Bottega Veneta messenger bag in this pretty peony color and with the more aggressive sale price the next day, it was priced less than the metallic bag I was returning. You know how bag addicts are... we can't just take the credit and walk away. :coolio:

I walked over to the Balenciaga display and scored my first Balenciaga for my collection. With all discounts applied, I think it was only $500ish and I only had to pay a $170 difference. :happydance: :happydance::happydance:

I've only had it a day and I :love::love::love: it. The bag is the Mini Papier A4. I wish I knew the color name or more about the bag. Any info on my first Bal will be appreciated.

Aug 15, 2014
It is gorgeous! The Papier Zip bags are so classy. What a fantastic color! Can it fit your wallet and phone comfortably?

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
Chicago
It is gorgeous! The Papier Zip bags are so classy. What a fantastic color! Can it fit your wallet and phone comfortably?
Very much so. While my trifold wallet is easier to fit in it, my new Zippy wallet still fits. I like the mini bag trend and initially had the Saint Laurent Blogger bag on my list. After I had received it as a gift, I realized THAT was way too small - my iPhone barely fit in it by itself. I returned it, and that's what started the drama with the Bottega I needed to exchange and led me to the Balenciaga.

I'd compare the interior space to an LV Alma PM. It's really a functional size: full-size wallet, keys with LV vernis cles, iPhone 6, medication, and lipstick fits in.

Reactions: BalenciagaKitte

Auvina15

May 12, 2015
The Emerald
I went back to Neiman Marcus to return a metallic Bottega bag I bought the day before that had a crack in the strap, and I got super lucky. The Michigan Avenue location only carries the higher end bags and when I went in, they had really nice bags on sale plus an additional 33% off the sale price.

I ended up getting a Bottega Veneta messenger bag in this pretty peony color and with the more aggressive sale price the next day, it was priced less than the metallic bag I was returning. You know how bag addicts are... we can't just take the credit and walk away. :coolio:

I walked over to the Balenciaga display and scored my first Balenciaga for my collection. With all discounts applied, I think it was only $500ish and I only had to pay a $170 difference. :happydance: :happydance::happydance:

I've only had it a day and I :love::love::love: it. The bag is the Mini Papier A4. I wish I knew the color name or more about the bag. Any info on my first Bal will be appreciated.

This is a beauty!!! Love the color and the style so much. What an amazing deal you got, congratulations!!!

Reactions: Gimmethebag