I Got Lucky (My First Bal)

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
I went back to Neiman Marcus to return a metallic Bottega bag I bought the day before that had a crack in the strap, and I got super lucky. The Michigan Avenue location only carries the higher end bags and when I went in, they had really nice bags on sale plus an additional 33% off the sale price.

I ended up getting a Bottega Veneta messenger bag in this pretty peony color and with the more aggressive sale price the next day, it was priced less than the metallic bag I was returning. You know how bag addicts are... we can't just take the credit and walk away. :coolio:

I walked over to the Balenciaga display and scored my first Balenciaga for my collection. With all discounts applied, I think it was only $500ish and I only had to pay a $170 difference. :happydance: :happydance::happydance:

I've only had it a day and I :love::love::love: it. The bag is the Mini Papier A4. I wish I knew the color name or more about the bag. Any info on my first Bal will be appreciated.

Full_Size_Render_6.jpg

It is gorgeous! The Papier Zip bags are so classy. What a fantastic color! Can it fit your wallet and phone comfortably?
Very much so. While my trifold wallet is easier to fit in it, my new Zippy wallet still fits. I like the mini bag trend and initially had the Saint Laurent Blogger bag on my list. After I had received it as a gift, I realized THAT was way too small - my iPhone barely fit in it by itself. I returned it, and that's what started the drama with the Bottega I needed to exchange and led me to the Balenciaga.

I'd compare the interior space to an LV Alma PM. It's really a functional size: full-size wallet, keys with LV vernis cles, iPhone 6, medication, and lipstick fits in.

Reactions: BalenciagaKitte
I went back to Neiman Marcus to return a metallic Bottega bag I bought the day before that had a crack in the strap, and I got super lucky. The Michigan Avenue location only carries the higher end bags and when I went in, they had really nice bags on sale plus an additional 33% off the sale price.

I ended up getting a Bottega Veneta messenger bag in this pretty peony color and with the more aggressive sale price the next day, it was priced less than the metallic bag I was returning. You know how bag addicts are... we can't just take the credit and walk away. :coolio:

I walked over to the Balenciaga display and scored my first Balenciaga for my collection. With all discounts applied, I think it was only $500ish and I only had to pay a $170 difference. :happydance: :happydance::happydance:

I've only had it a day and I :love::love::love: it. The bag is the Mini Papier A4. I wish I knew the color name or more about the bag. Any info on my first Bal will be appreciated.

Full_Size_Render_6.jpg
This is a beauty!!! Love the color and the style so much. What an amazing deal you got, congratulations!!!

Reactions: Gimmethebag