I got a wallet... :(

I have already told the seller that I am keeping it, but not leaving her ANY feedback. I hate leaving negative feedback...especially in this case, because she is fairly new to selling, and because I feel like a little bit of a dumbhead for not asking for more pics. I usually bug the crap out of sellers for more pics, but after straying over to the ebay forum and seeing just how much it bugs sellers, I have slowed down on it. Still, it is not all my fault, but like I said...I did not pay too much for this wallet. It's not worth returning to me.
The pictures make the wear look worse than it is. Except for the change part, it's just like the pics, LOL! I would never use the change part anyway...I am too in love with my tartan coin purse. LOL!
The outside is dingy, but I believe it can be saved. I was looking at it earlier, and then went and looked at the other wallets on ebay...and it made me happy I actually finally have this wallet. I got it to use with my Peyton. (Now I gotta find the coin purse at a good price. :graucho: )
Believe me...I have seen MUCH worse.
Who knows...when I get down to it and start to rehab it, I might be able to make it shiny and "gently used often" looking. I am not terribly devastated anymore. I told the seller to make sure to point out ANY marks or wear on her items, because what might not be a big deal to her might be a huge deal to a buyer.

More pics (to show it isn't all that bad...but that change part is gonna be a "tuffy".)

003.jpg

005-2.jpg

011-4.jpg

The metallic rubbing is not that big of a deal, to me anyways. Not many people are going to get that up close and personal to see it...and if they did, I wouldn't care. My Lurex poppy hobo...her metallic edging is almost completely gone, LOL! I still rock that bag to death.
If I had paid over $100 for this wallet, it would already be back in the mail. However, I got it ridiculously cheap...and a partial refund, like Bunny said, is not going to fix it. I never understood partial refunds anyway.
I really really like this wallet...I have a bad habit of attaching to things that need to be "rescued" (cats, bags, people, LOL!) and items that are oddballs or different. I consider this wallet to be a rescue.
Hubby is going to help me rehab it tomorrow, and I will post pics when I am done. Wish me luck! :biggrin:

The metallic rubbing is not that big of a deal, to me anyways. Not many people are going to get that up close and personal to see it...and if they did, I wouldn't care. My Lurex poppy hobo...her metallic edging is almost completely gone, LOL! I still rock that bag to death.
If I had paid over $100 for this wallet, it would already be back in the mail. However, I got it ridiculously cheap...and a partial refund, like Bunny said, is not going to fix it. I never understood partial refunds anyway.
I really really like this wallet...I have a bad habit of attaching to things that need to be "rescued" (cats, bags, people, LOL!) and items that are oddballs or different. I consider this wallet to be a rescue.
Hubby is going to help me rehab it tomorrow, and I will post pics when I am done. Wish me luck! :biggrin:
You have a good attitude about this, better than some would in your position.

I'd be sure to clean the outside too, your additional pictures make the outside satin look very "dingy", especially the white stripes.

Yes, they are dingy, LOL! But they are not stained, which is good.
I like a challenge... :biggrin:
I have read a few rehab threads on here in the past...what is this about Woolite? I think I read that it is good for cleaning legacy lining...which is basically what this is.
I just want to be very gentle with it...and not stain it or anything.

What a disappointment! I bet you could clean the inside coin purse part (I always use Dawn liquid on a washcloth on the inside of my wristlets that get stained up from makeup, and it works great), but the outside edging would make me crazy, with all the rubbed off trim. The seller should have been honest, and that's one reason why I get nervous when I buy on ebay (although I DO still buy). I guess it's a chance we all take, but I hope you are able to find some kind of resolve with the seller. Good luck!

You're not going to be happy with this wallet!!! Even at a steal of a price (and in this condition it SHOULD be a steal!) I've always wanted one of these legacy striped wallets so I know how you feel! Send it back and get your moola!!!

It's SOOOO SAD that this wallet is in this condition! If I owned one I'd most likely only use it for special occassions! Birthdays, x-mas time etc! I know it's a hassle to switch in and out of wallets but this particular wallet needs to be handled with care due to the satin fabric and the metallic edging!!!

Sorry it's not all you hoped it would be! I don't see this wallet being re-habbed!!!

So sorry!!!! :o(

Okay, so after a reading you all's comments that this wallet could not be saved, I said what the hell and went into the bathroom to try to rehab it. I tried just a dab of alcohol on a cotton makeup pad: nothing.

I did not have any clear dish soap or anything...but a lightbulb clicked in my head. What is it that I use that easily gets any kind of stain out?
Then it occured to me: Fantastik.

Now, before you all scream and faint, I was very very gentle, and never sprayed it directly on the wallet. I went after the change part first, spraying just an itty bit of the paper towel and rubbing a small spot.
The stain went away!
I pulled the paper towel away, and sure enough, it was on the paper towel!!
So then I got to work. Still working very carefully and slowly, I was able to get the entire change purse clean, and the outside is at least two shades brighter than it was. Then I went over it with a slightly damp cloth, to remove the Fantastik (it IS a chemical, ya know) and then used a hair dryer on cold setting to dry it.
And WAA LAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Pics:

LOOK AT THIS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

001-2.jpg

The stripes:
002-2.jpg

You can still see the mark where the flap touched, but definitely NOT as bad:
004-2.jpg

And a money holder slide inside I overlooked...got it clean too!

003-1.jpg

Now I have a "gently used often" Legacy Stripe Wallet!!!! :yahoo: