I found more issues with my 12A red jumbo, do you have the same issues like mine?

******** said:
This is very disappointing from Chanel. I see more problems with the 12A red than any other color....seems few bags are acceptable. I received my jumbo in the very first batch of releases I believe. I had preordered from H and they were a few other pf'ers that did the same. It seems that perhaps the earlier lots of production were ok and subsequently, many problems are recurring such as these dots, etc.
My jumbo wrinkles a bit when opened, but not to the extent I am seeing pictures of....I keep checking my jumbo for the defects as they are revealed here, but so far, thankfully it's passing my stringent tests of quality.
It's very disheartening to read the disappointments of Chanel lovers. I hope Chanel headquarters is reading the forum and getting feedback! And I hope SA are taking the returns out of circulation and not just recycling them to new buyers compounding the problem.
This is a picture of my jumbo with the flap completely lifted to its max for reference to others wondering how theirs compares.

Yrs is fine. Some creases are expected. But the creases I have in the medium starts when I lift it up in less than 45 degrees! I don't even dare lift full for fear my action makes it worse. It's too ridiculous. Yr is perfectly fine.

Im getting really frustrated to read every comment and im shocked that the stitches
are lose,how the hell can they sell a bag like that?! im furious! because i was so in to chanel to get my first chanel bag im saving for,,but now im thinking should i buy a chanel bag or not?..because the quality is far down below..maybe its better to save for a smaller size or a louis vuitton bag,because LV has such a strong,handmade work delicate handbag collection..but i dont know what to do now..

What happened to their QC? I'm getting more worried and scared. I've been considering a classic bag for some time, but looking at these threads on the recent ones, I'm indeed quite worried.

Just curious, for the white spots, are they bumpy and protruding or embedded into the caviar? It looks pretty disturbing, almost like mold. I'm actually more shocked by the white dots than the stitching. The loose thread might be considered as genuine human error and oversight, but why could they allow so many bags to be produced on faulty leather?

i just checked my 12A red jumbo after reading this post. I see some white spots on the bottom of the bag as well, but they're definitely not as obvious as yours. But the worst part is the loose stitching on the chain of your bag!! :nono: I would return it.

Hi ladies,
I was so happy that received my 12A red jumbo yesterday, but I was very disappointed about the quality they made the 12A red jumbo. I was sad to find out 2 issues I have on my jumbo, the first thing I found out was there are some white dots on the front and bottom, I don't know or am not sure if this is normal. So I texted my SA and found out, she said the one they sold before had the same issue, they came in with the dots on different parts. The one she sold was on the front bottom. They think it's the batch of leather that was used. Anyway, she said she can send it out and refinishing it for me, the refinishing will take possibly 1-2 months. �� It could come back sooner depending on their work load. Regularly it takes 3-4 months, but they're going to put a rush on mine. I like this 12A red because it's a beautiful cherry red, plus they're all sold out in store. Another issue I found was the stitches got loose on the chain, I was REALLY disappointed about the quality�� Ladies, do u have the same issues that I have? Will you keep it?

Here's the pictures... Sad!!
Btw, I got the red ballerina shoes to match the bag☺

For $5200 there shouldn't be any issues. Sorry this happened to you.

I also bought the 12A red in the jumbo side and mine has white spots and wrinkles on the corners. I still haven't use it and is debating whether I should return it also. I have never spent so much money on a bag. I was having a Chanel fever;) but I might have the courage to return it after see this post :smile:

I also bought the 12A red in the jumbo side and mine has white spots and wrinkles on the corners. I still haven't use it and is debating whether I should return it also. I have never spent so much money on a bag. I was having a Chanel fever;) but I might have the courage to return it after see this post :smile:

return if white spots. it looks disgusting.

the white spots came from the leather while in transit (also can be from the dyer who did not deep long enough to penetrate the color into the leather). From hot/cold to cold/hot in extreme, all things will be changed

What I find bothersome is not only did some of these bags leave the Chanel factory with substandard finishing, but then they were sold by another store our boutique who should have refused them, or at least pointed those issues out to you. Is it reasonable that a store who is paying high $ for a bag, would not look it over carefully?

ceya said:
the white spots came from the leather while in transit (also can be from the dyer who did not deep long enough to penetrate the color into the leather). From hot/cold to cold/hot in extreme, all things will be changed

I was also thinking it was dye that didn't adhere to the leather where the dots are.

Its pretty obvious and for 5k? I hope they're atleast doing the refinishing for free. It is so sad to hear about all these quality issues on the 12a red but overall their quality is going down. I saw a black caviar that looked really cheap too

Yesterday I went to South Coast Plaza and visited the Chanel boutique. I saw 2 patent leather bags on display and the front quilting look very deflated compare to the back. I pointed it out to the SA and she too agreed with me, however they wouldn't remove it from the store display. What the heck?

Most complaints are on the 12A red, it seems. I bought a beige caviar jumbo 2 months ago and it's perfect.

Are there any other colors in this soft caviar, or only the 12A red?