I found and ordered what I wanted SIGHT UNSEEN. Watch them send the wrong one!!

Yeah, the SAs at Barney's in Chicago aren't the most knowledgeable. I think I know which SA you're talking about - I bought a tomato coin purse from him, and he was clueless. I think he does have a good idea of which are the new bags though, so I'm thinking 80% chance that it'll be steel, as opposed to black. Good luck!:tup:

It's hard not to get frustrated with that kind of thing... I know that it's not possible in a really big department store to know everything about every bag you carry. I know this! But it's still really difficult when you're trying to pick out the right bag over the phone.

Of course, Balenciaga could make it a lot easier on everybody and put the colour name on the paper tag or something! Just think how much pain and suffering that would eliminate for the SAs and us both!

Yes they should have the actual name and style on the tag!!! It should say Steel GGH Brief!

Why doesn't Balenciaga do this?!!? :Push:

Yeah, the SAs at Barney's in Chicago aren't the most knowledgeable. I think I know which SA you're talking about - I bought a tomato coin purse from him, and he was clueless. I think he does have a good idea of which are the new bags though, so I'm thinking 80% chance that it'll be steel, as opposed to black. Good luck!:tup:

Was his name Michael? And I want a tomato coin purse!!! Did you order that over the phone and it was the right color and everything when you got it?

I've had my share of SA's not knowing anything I'm talking about...but, I think in your case, you'll get the right bag. If they just got it in Monday, it should be steel, it's hard to mistake black for steel. Good luck!

I Some Neimans get the Day and Hobo mixed up. They call the Day the larger HOBO???? .
:rolleyes:I hear you, they are clueless. At the NM in Bal Harbour some guy referred to the Part Time as the Large Twiggy. :wtf: Okay, whatever. I told him that was called the Part Time and he said, okay but it's the large Twiggy. :confused1:

Oops...ok...now I'm REALLY confused. lol. I guess I should have gone back and read your original post. Sorry. I was thinking you said the tag was 2007 1. What do you want it to be? Are you hoping for steel or anthracite?

Was his name Michael? And I want a tomato coin purse!!! Did you order that over the phone and it was the right color and everything when you got it?

I'm not sure what his name was, but I think he's the only guy in the handbags section. I got my tomato coin purse in person, so I was able to check the tags and make sure it was what I wanted.

I went to Barney's again quickly today, and looked around for day bags. They only had a mogano and a black, both RH. From what I can remember of the briefs, I saw a black with SGH, but no plomb. Maybe you got the last one?

And for anyone else interested in Barney's Chicago stock, I didn't really take much note of anything else except for a vert fonce city with SGH, and a tomato city with either GGH or SGH (sorry, bad memory and I was only there quickly). Something interesting I DID see was a work bag made with croc skin. It was weird though, cause it was stiff and not slouchy at all. It came in brown and black. I'd love to know if anyone has more info about these!

OK, I just came back from Barney's Chicago and the stock was :tdown: Nothing with very good leather either except one Black Brief with Silver GH

Now, on the card ... the 3 comes right after the 2007? I checked about 6 different bags there , a Tomato, a Cinnamon, a Mastic, a Marine, a Black and what I THINK was Anthracite and ALL had cards that said 2007 3 .... ????????

OK, I just came back from Barney's Chicago and the stock was :tdown: Nothing with very good leather either except one Black Brief with Silver GH

Now, on the card ... the 3 comes right after the 2007? I checked about 6 different bags there , a Tomato, a Cinnamon, a Mastic, a Marine, a Black and what I THINK was Anthracite and ALL had cards that said 2007 3 .... ????????

OK, I just educated myself a little on the tags .... the 3 just means it is a F/W bag and NOT the color :P
I was so confused .... I never bothered to learn any of this info, I don't know why, I guess because I always ordered from BalNY and they actually know what I am asking for when I call

I'm having the exact same experience, but in reverse. I'm dying for an anthracite City (due to lucidbabe and Cheshire Cat's lovely anthracite bags), which I realize I'm unlikely to find easily. However, I'm really determined, and really good at tracking stuff down, so I have hope. I called the NM in San Francisco today (closest one to me down in Silicon Valley.) The SA had no clue what I meant by anthracite, but had a dark grey, almost black, City. I kept asking if it was greenish/blue-ish, and I don't think she really got what I was asking. She's going to ship it to me and I'll see when it gets here. At least there's a store just a couple of miles away where I can return it. Or maybe we can swap if we each get the wrong one!!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

I'm having the exact same experience, but in reverse. I'm dying for an anthracite City (due to lucidbabe and Cheshire Cat's lovely anthracite bags), which I realize I'm unlikely to find easily. However, I'm really determined, and really good at tracking stuff down, so I have hope. I called the NM in San Francisco today (closest one to me down in Silicon Valley.) The SA had no clue what I meant by anthracite, but had a dark grey, almost black, City. I kept asking if it was greenish/blue-ish, and I don't think she really got what I was asking. She's going to ship it to me and I'll see when it gets here. At least there's a store just a couple of miles away where I can return it. Or maybe we can swap if we each get the wrong one!!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

They have an Anthracite Work with Giant Gold Hardware at the Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach at the Fashion Island mall. I was just there today. Personally, I prefer the Work bag over the City anyday. The bag was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! You should call there and ask for Megan. She was a great SA and knew all the colors :tup: