I fell out of love with my Cerises Speedy :(

If i were lucky enough to be in your cerise shoes, here's what i do.

if i love it, i use it. if water gets on it, so be it, i will still love it.
good china? use it for *my favorite* taco night.
1000 dollar bag? wear it everywhere.
good shoes? silverware? oh yea
i believe in using good pieces to the fullest. what is the point of having them otherwise!?
but that's just me.

I like your way of thinking.....I have to be more like you!:yes:

How could this happen? :crybaby:

I agonized over the decision to buy her. She was more than I'd ever spent on a bag before (oh, those days of innocence...) But she was so beautiful...she was my true love...before I knew it, I'd clicked BIN!

When she arrived, I was in full-on :heart: superlove. It was July, and I thought, hey - why don't I put her away for a holiday treat? Won't she look adorable in December? So I slipped her into the dustbag and waited. Every so often I'd take her out to admire her and pet her, and she would make me smile, and I'd put her back in and wait some more.

The other day, I decided it was time for my holiday treat. I pulled Ms. Cerises out of the dustbag, took the stuffing out of her, put my stuff in, and......eh. Just eh. She's still just as perfect as the day I got her, and she's cute, but doesn't utterly blow my skirt up the way I thought she would. No oooohs and ahhhhs.:sad:

What's the matter with me? Am I really that fickle? Have I been spoiled/distracted/contaminated by my Balenciaga addiction? :shrugs: Will I come back around to my Cerises love, or should I let her go?
I've done that with several of the bags I've purchased. I wanted them so bad..then after awhile its like..."where's the hype I used to feel". Thats when I put them up on Ebay..so I can buy something else...maybe thats what you can do.??? Just a thought:yes:

How could this happen? :crybaby:

I agonized over the decision to buy her. She was more than I'd ever spent on a bag before (oh, those days of innocence...) But she was so beautiful...she was my true love...before I knew it, I'd clicked BIN!

When she arrived, I was in full-on :heart: superlove. It was July, and I thought, hey - why don't I put her away for a holiday treat? Won't she look adorable in December? So I slipped her into the dustbag and waited. Every so often I'd take her out to admire her and pet her, and she would make me smile, and I'd put her back in and wait some more.

The other day, I decided it was time for my holiday treat. I pulled Ms. Cerises out of the dustbag, took the stuffing out of her, put my stuff in, and......eh. Just eh. She's still just as perfect as the day I got her, and she's cute, but doesn't utterly blow my skirt up the way I thought she would. No oooohs and ahhhhs.:sad:

What's the matter with me? Am I really that fickle? Have I been spoiled/distracted/contaminated by my Balenciaga addiction? :shrugs: Will I come back around to my Cerises love, or should I let her go?

Maybe you need to put the Balençianga bag away for a bit and then just wear the new bag. Maybe you'll break her in and then you'll enjoy it more ?

It really is a TDF bag and very cute for the season. :yes:

yikes! that is not good... hmm well i can think of two solutions (possible solutions)
1) you can use it and try to get used to using it, or tuck it away in its dustbag for a little bit longer..
2) sell it, and put your money to better use, and if your addiction is balenciaga, then perhaps put it towards another bbag??
goodluck!! i personally think you should hang onto it, its a gorgeaus bag..

Awww, sorry to hear the cerises isn't making you happy. Maybe it's time to sell??:shrugs: I must admit this is probably one of my most used bags and the one a lot of people comment on.

some days i like it some days i say what are these cherries doing on my monogram canvas speedy?

Hehehehe! I like the cherries, and I love the way they smile at each other. One thing that occurred to me is that they sorta look like polka-dots from a distance, which I like a lot less than cherries.

I think I will try it out for a day or two (maybe with my shiny red patent Doc Martens?) to be sure I don't love it.

If not...off she goes to a new Mommy!

i think you should try wearing it another time. if you still aren't feeling it, then sell it. like someone else said, you can always pick it up again.

hope that helps!

I sold mine also. It's very cute, but I know that if I don't feel compelled to use a bag immediately, something is wrong & it's not for me. I had a great one that looked new, but it's in a new home now. I have no regrets about selling it.

If it doesn't make you smile and your heart jump, then sell it. If you couldn't live without it, then keep it.

I just got my Panda Cles. It was a lot of money for a leather keychain (well compared to like ..jeez.. I don't even know but you get what I mean). It does, however, make me smile. Whenever I take it out, I remember my indecision but my ultimate satisfaction. Somedays it doesn't see the light of day but other days its out and about on my desk.

I know you can get another one if you sell this one... but then it wouldn't be yours.

KEEP IT..Everyone goes through phases!

tell me that you still love your tulum because I am thinking about getting one....I too can be fickle with my speedy because I prefer shoulder bags for day to day stuff....it is a gorgeous bag and I am sure that you will miss it if you sell it because it is so unique and limited...so think about it a little more!

You know, I never understood the cerises cuteness factor. I saw a woman in her 50s carrying a speedy, and I thought it looked silly on her. JMO If it's not doing it for you, sell it. I don't think they are going up in value. Now would be a good time since the holidays are upon us. Go get yourself something you love with the money you make on the cerises.