I fell off the wagon...

:flowers: Thank you LYM,Susie,Mona,LBB,Lily,Aine,Pixie,COB,Jenz,Rinstar,Boombaka and PLZ
for your support and lovely affirmation of my latest acquisition ...you've no idea how much your collective :tup: helps to arrest the guilt !

LYM - I promise to post modelling pics as soon as the bag arrives.

Susie - I :heart: your new edict ( many of us are powerless in the face of bag hunger, so those among us with little or no will power...i.e. me, might as well banish the idea of the bag ban completely)

Aine - I'm touched to hear I'm missed on the Mulberry forum - I was inspired by the plan for your gang to meet up in May and am trying to encourage the Chloe girls to follow suit (although us lot are scattered across the globe, so not sure where the central point would be:confused1: !) Anyway, I'm sure I'll be paying a visit back to the Mulberry forum soon (Mulberry was my first love in terms of designer bag crushes).

Rinstar - Yup, guilty as charged :shame:!

Boombaka - I was really suprised that no-one else bid on the Elvire too (hope that's not an ominous sign :s)

PLZ- Really glad we didn't end up in a bidding war ( I've ended up bidding silly amounts of money when I've gone head-to-head with other bidders in the past !) - thanks for being so sporting about it anyway;).

Tag - I am so happy for you! See - no one is judging. It would be very hypocrytical of any of us to do that seeing as we are all weak purse addicts. Anyway - you deserve this delightful bag (I think it is very cool - especially in that elephant texture and color!) since you came up with that brilliant excuse of VALENTINE'S DAY!!! We need to 'condition' our DH's and SO's to have a knee-jerk response of approving a bag for every gifting holiday.

Tag - I am so happy for you! See - no one is judging. It would be very hypocrytical of any of us to do that seeing as we are all weak purse addicts. Anyway - you deserve this delightful bag (I think it is very cool - especially in that elephant texture and color!) since you came up with that brilliant excuse of VALENTINE'S DAY!!! We need to 'condition' our DH's and SO's to have a knee-jerk response of approving a bag for every gifting holiday.

:heart:Thanks Div - hope Valentines Day sees all the Chloe gals being showered with their bags of choice from their DHs & SOs...forget the heart shaped box of chocolate and bottles of champagne / scent...a Chloe bag is for life ( not just Valentines Day !):heart:

Tagullah, gorgeous bag! I usually go for darker colours but I might just get inspired to go lighter...

Thanks for the Valentine's day idea/reminder! I can start working on my hubby now:graucho:.

Congrats, Tag:yahoo:... You are great at making up excuses to get your DH to pay for new bags:yes:... No wonder you've worked in TV...:smile:

Do you mean that all TV industry people are twisters :graucho: ? Not such a gross generalisation as you'd think...although I'd like to think there are still a few of us old timers left out there who are fairly reasonable individuals ;) ( and remember I've retired from the industy now...at least I hope I have :s).

The thing about my DH is that he's totally on to my game. He knows all about my bag habit and knows to ignore me when I say that I'm not going to make any further purchases for a while...he just quite enjoys listening to my ever-increasingly convoluted resons for why he should buy me yet another bag :rolleyes:.

Hi Tag,

Its beautiful and you will love it. It looks a different shape to mine. Had a really busy weekend (big dinner party last night, cooking really stresses me out!) and haven't had a chance to go to the shops and take a piccie of the purple bay for you yet but haven't forgotten. Enjoy her!:tup:

haven't been around for some time and what do i find??Tag's been at it againn (umm, like pretty much all of us TPFers with the sales on and so???)
I hesitated between an elvire and the bay, i just love en both!!I saw the elephat IRl and it's gorgeous!Pics please!!
BTW,Tag, my chataigne bay arrived TODAY from sacoche(no kidding!!), the colour is awesome (got boots that match!) but with all this customs etc, i'll end up paying a higher price than expected!plus some scratches!!VERY BAD EXPERIENCE, NOT TO RENEW EVER AGAIN!

haven't been around for some time and what do i find??Tag's been at it againn (umm, like pretty much all of us TPFers with the sales on and so???)
I hesitated between an elvire and the bay, i just love en both!!I saw the elephat IRl and it's gorgeous!Pics please!!
BTW,Tag, my chataigne bay arrived TODAY from sacoche(no kidding!!), the colour is awesome (got boots that match!) but with all this customs etc, i'll end up paying a higher price than expected!plus some scratches!!VERY BAD EXPERIENCE, NOT TO RENEW EVER AGAIN!

Hey Flower - I was wondering where you'd got to :confused1: and yes, it isn't only me who has been suffering with January bag madness :nuts:. Will post photos of the transgressive Elvire as soon as she arrives.

More importantly, I'm glad to hear that your Bay finally arrived, but not happy to hear
about the extra customs charges and scratches :sad:. That totally sucks on both counts. If I were you I'd contact Irene ( if you can manage to pin her down) and ask for a reduction on the cost of the bag, because as far as I know the bags Sacoche sell are not supposed to be damaged goods:nogood: .

I guess it depends how badly the leather is scratched, because I think invariably this type of leather is prone to scratches, but this should add to the aged appearance in a good way and not just look like the bag is damaged. Please post some photos either way.

I must say, hearing about your experience with this bag does make me very nervous about the fact that I still have that unfinished store credit business with Sacoche :s.

Flower - I am hoping that the scratches are due to the leather's being a "pull-up" variety where it adds to the texture and they go away in time. It's like they are supposed to be there! I am sorry for your bad experience and luck in this case. I agree with Tag that you should ask Irene for some sort of compensation. That was a horrendous experience!

As an update, I fell off the wagon again ... I will have to post family pics when the bags arrive... that is, if my bank manager lets me keep my camera when he comes to seize my belongings...