I did hear back from Bluefly - disregard previous threads

LouiseyPeasey said:
I mentioned in the other Bluefly thread - someone who ordered from this lot received her olive city bag today and emailed me photos - the bag is unquestionably fake. Comes with all its cards (too many cards, actually), square bales, some other hardware problems, stiff tassels. In short: blech.

eh...not so good :sad:

Is anyone else having issues with cancelled orders?

After this whole real vs. fake fiasco I immediately cancelled my Bluefly order (two hours after I had purchased). And today I found out they had charged me for that cancelled order.. TWICE! What's more is that when I cancelled the rep. said it would only take 24 hours (48 hrs. at max) to get the charges cleared since I placed than cancelled so quickly.. today the rep tell me because they charged twice for the same order it could take up to 10 business day! GAWDDDDDDDD!

I was so furious, I demanded to talk to the "heads" of the company and get the charges removed from my card immediatly. Now they have to battle it out with my AMEX people to get it lifted..

My first experience with Bluefly was HORRIBLE and I will NEVER do it again!

pink_bai2bi said:

After this whole real vs. fake fiasco I immediately cancelled my Bluefly order (two hours after I had purchased). And today I found out they had charged me for that cancelled order.. TWICE! What's more is that when I cancelled the rep. said it would only take 24 hours (48 hrs. at max) to get the charges cleared since I placed than cancelled so quickly.. today the rep tell me because they charged twice for the same order it could take up to 10 business day! GAWDDDDDDDD!

I was so furious, I demanded to talk to the "heads" of the company and get the charges removed from my card immediatly. Now they have to battle it out with my AMEX people to get it lifted..

that's absolutely horrible and inexcusable.

pink_bai2bi said:

I also cancelled a couple of hours later and was connected with a supervisor. My order was immediately cancelled and I got an email confirming it instantaneously. The charges never showed up on my card. But the Flyrep couldn't do it without the supervisor.

pink_bai2bi said:

There was an authorization put on my card when I tried to place an order & it didn't go through. I called Bluefly & she confirmed no order was placed & assured me the authorization would "fall off" in 24-48 hours. That's been 5 days ago & the authorization is still on my card!

GOT THE BAGS....verdict: FAKE

Here are the pics for those who were waiting:

The "pistachio":

Exhibit A: looks OK...the blurriness helps a bit
IMG_1840.jpg

Exhibit B: huh?...no notches?
IMG_1843.jpg

Exhibit C: tassles come pre-separated for your convenience...
IMG_1842.jpg

Exhibit D: maybe they got lazy and didn't feel like welding the O-ring shut...

IMG_1841.jpg

Ok, just resized the pics so they're not so HUGE :smile:

Anyways, the black one was the same, except the stud had notches in them. "Pistachio" came with tassles, dustbag, mirror and strap...but NO authenticity cards...or cards for that matter. The black one only had a dustbag, mirror and strap...i guess they forgot to put in the tassles. The black also had NO cards whatsoever.

Coincident? - After I took the photos, I checked my email and this email had come to me from a Tim at Bluefly (I had sent them an email regarding authenticity and the Balenciagas):

Dear ---,

Thank you for writing. We only sell the highest quality name-brand designer merchandise, and we guarantee to you the authenticity of all of our products. Every product we sell comes with a certificate of authenticity, so there are no worries on the items you ordered.

Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any other questions or if we can help you with anything else. Email us at [email protected] or call us toll free at 1-877-BLUEFLY (1-877-258-3359) at any time from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. EST Sunday. If you're outside the U.S., please call (614) 652-6701.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Best regards,
Tim
Customer Service Manager
[email protected]
The Outlet Store In Your Home
NASDAQ SmallCap (BFLY)
phone: 877 - BLUEFLY (877-258-3359)

*interesting...i didnt get a "certificate of authenticity"...
i'm gonna give "Tim" a call now :lol:

Thanks for posting the pics because I know a number of people still believed that these were going to turn out to be real. Unfortunately, I think we're going to be seeing them for awhile as returns filter back to Bluefly and they keep putting them back up on the site. That olive one is beginning to make me nauseous, I've looked at it so many times. And this "pistachio" travesty was in my shopping cart as well before I cancelled my order. Ugh. My sympathies for having to now go through the return process.

Update: Called Bluefly and spoke to a CSR. I didn't know how else to approach the issue so I ended up saying "uhhh...i'm just calling because I got a fake Balenciaga".

Bluefly: No, we only sell authentic bags.
Me: Well, I compared these with my own Balenciaga, and they're fake.
Bluefly: No, that's not possible.
Me: Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll go directly to the Balenciaga NY store to authenticate it.
Bluefly: If you're not happy, we kindly accept returns.
Me: I'm not happy.

it seemed like he didn't really understand the magnitude of the problem - that it's ILLEGAL to sell fake bags whether they didn't know or not...

I decided to press him to see if he would own up to the fact that they're fake. The closest I got him to say is that someone at Bluefly could have "been blind-sided at some point".

Ok, i'm done now :rolleyes: hehe...enough drama for me~ I'm going to return these and get myself a real bbag!;)