I can't believe this is happening!!!! A Birkin dream come true.

Today I received my first Birkin! I have other Hermes items, a few Evelynes, tons of bracelets but never did I think I would own something so beautiful and expensive as a Birkin.

I grew up in a poor, factory town, in a home where our alcoholic dad left us when we were babies and our mom was a drug addict. We had no money and never had anything nice or new. I worked my butt off, getting good grades to get out of that situation and make a better life for myself. I went to college, got a great degree, found a wonderful man and had my beautiful daughter. My husband and I work very hard for the things we have but we live comfortably. Remembering my young self, never would I have thought owing beautiful handbags would be part of my life, but here it is.

Thank you for sharing your story. I grew up in a similar economic situation with a single mom (my parents divorced when I was still less than 18 months old and my father never paid any child support or even visited). For me to be able to have the life and things I have now is always amazing to me considering my early life. I love to see others with the same story.

Reactions: Orangefanatic
Today I received my first Birkin! I have other Hermes items, a few Evelynes, tons of bracelets but never did I think I would own something so beautiful and expensive as a Birkin.

I grew up in a poor, factory town, in a home where our alcoholic dad left us when we were babies and our mom was a drug addict. We had no money and never had anything nice or new. I worked my butt off, getting good grades to get out of that situation and make a better life for myself. I went to college, got a great degree, found a wonderful man and had my beautiful daughter. My husband and I work very hard for the things we have but we live comfortably. Remembering my young self, never would I have thought owing beautiful handbags would be part of my life, but here it is.

My Colvert Birkin in Swift with PHD. I'm in love. It's so beautiful. The perfect color.
View attachment 3711122 View attachment 3711123 View attachment 3711124
Congratulations! You can enjoy it more because you know that you worked so hard for it! Colvert is an amazing color and so luxe in swift! Enjoy her!

Congrats on your new B and u definitely earned it! We learn to appreciate things more when we have to work hard for them...and I'm speaking from experience! And with the H that I have, loving it all with great appreciation

Thank you for sharing your story. I grew up in a similar economic situation with a single mom (my parents divorced when I was still less than 18 months old and my father never paid any child support or even visited). For me to be able to have the life and things I have now is always amazing to me considering my early life. I love to see others with the same story.

Good for you. I don't understand how any parent can leave their child? I'm addicted to my daughter! I used to be so embarrassed of my childhood but now I'm ok telling people hoping to inspire people that they are capable of getting themselves out of a bad life.

Reactions: lovetheduns
Thank you for sharing your story! I love to hear inspiring stories and learn that hard work and determination do make a difference! Enjoy your new B! Congrats~