I cannot, will not, and have not spent more than 500 dollars for a bag...How about u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to say I'm never going to pay a certain amount for anything. If I like something, wether it be a handbag or a toaster, and I have the money to pay for it and still be able to pay my bills then why not? Right now I can't afford anything over about $400 and that's pushing it because I'm about to start Grad school where I won't have much disposable income (okay so no income!). I hope to one day be able to afford a Chloe Paddington or a Spy or a genuine Croc bag. When I can afford them I will buy them because I like them and because it represents, on a certain level, that I'm proud of myself for accomplishing what I want to do and where I want to be in life.

It does seem a bit unreasonable to me, but for some reason, ODDLY, my mom thinks a Speedy for $600 is a great price. And now, I've realized that it's durable and classic, and totally worth that price.

But I'm only 15, so I guess the whole "no job" thing makes me a little wary of spending a lot of money unless it's my parents.:roflmfao::P:rolleyes:

To the OP: You are rude, disrespectful, and classless. You have tackily chosen to disdainfully label a bunch of people who you don't know with a broad brush, and on top of that, had the nerve to accuse people of lying about their own choices when they choose to counter.

I hope you get banned. Your posts reek of insecurity (probably about what you can afford). I don't feel the need to put others down for their tastes, probably because I'm secure with my choices and what I can afford.

Just read the title ... don't want to bother reading through the thread. Wrong thing to say in a forum where many members have spend over a thousand to buy a bag. Them fighting words!:P

Wow! I just opened this thread, and it is HOT! After reading the title of this thread, I thought I would put my two cents in because the question was asked....."how about u"? So, I was going to say, before I read through everything, that I felt that about a year ago I thought that $300 was way too much to spend on a bag and now I've upped my price to at least a $650 bag that I can hope to get on sale. But I feel from the tone of the OP, she wasn't asking how you feel about spending over $500, she was fishing for TPF's to bash for their opinions on spending over "$500. I don't think I would pay attention to any more of her posts, and I think she should find a new forum for entertainment. :bagslap:

My first thought is you're in the wrong forum asking that .. LOL
I have to say until about 5 yrs ago my answered would be no, i'm sure my most expensive bag was about 150$. Now hell my wallet cost more then that ..
YEah i'd have to say most of my bags are over 500$, other then maybe the few i've bought use but they were very close.

I actually bought two Chloe Betties in Black and Gray...they came from net-a-porter and I was like uh WTF...1,000 each for what exactly? I was supremely unimpressed. Sure its a super cute bag but my MBMJ turnlock teri seemed to be of much higher quality as far as leather and construction. In terms of functionality and organizational capabilities, the Chloe Betty sucked ass. So I returned em both.

I also bought a Marc Jacobs classic quilted tote that I gave to my mother because she thinks its gorgeous...I'll admit I paid 645 for that one...but it was for my mom...not me!

The only purchase I have of mine that was over 500 that i can think of right now is th Botkier Bianca which I got from shopbop with the July 4 coupon so it actually came out to 495 and the large Bianca from karizma with 30 % off which came out to 523, and the MBMJ Dr. Groovee which I got a hundred bucks off of, 398 from 498.

I love my bags and have way too many...but I am so unimpressed with the "premier designers" that I am unwilling to spend much more than 500 bucks on any bag. I think the bags I have exude beauty, class, functionality and much more so than the higher end brands.

Maybe I will think other wise later on...

What do you all think?

Below are some of the bags that I actually own

I'm closing this now, leaving disrespectful threads like this open only allows the rudeness to perpetuate and make everyone defensive, which is NOT the tone we strive for as a community.

Note to "foxy" :
if you can't post threads and comments w/o calling people asinine, out of their helmet, materialistic, etc. . . we'll just remove your membership here.
Your posts here were very rude and condescending and offensive to the majority of users.

Go judge elsewhere.

Reactions: Shelby33
Status
Not open for further replies.