I am SO FURIOUS!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry this happened to your bags, AM! That is terrible. But, step back for a moment and take a deep breath. Here's a good game plan: Get both bags cleaned and polished at Hermes (send the bill to mom) and keep the ostrich Birkin (just a little something for your troubles). If the handles are darkening, get them cleaned, too. You will have three bright and shiny Birkins returned to you from their spa outing and then you will feel a bit better about your mom. Just don't lend her anything ever again! :yes:

OMG! I just woke up and am feeling WONDERFUL friendship here!

This forum is more than 'for fun' stuff. I feel friendship, cares and love here...:tender: THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE~~~~~~~~!:love: I am feeling better now.

I just think that she does not pay attention as much(not even close) to regular leather Birkins as when she uses her exotic ones, as I posted all her croc Birkins/Kellys are in amazing condition even after years of use...

BUT!!!! Now I think about it, I saw one of her chevre Birkin looked beat up after using it for a short period of time with bad scuffed corners a while back. I mean chevre Birkins get scuffed corners easier than other leathers (some of my friends have the same scuffed corner problem), but it looked worse than my friends' chevre Birkins who had them much longer period time than my mom. So, I guess it's about how she uses/treats regular leather Birkins:Push: .

Anyway, oh, yeah! No more sharing/borrowing will happen here!!!!!!!!!!!:hysteric: From now on, hers are hers and mine are mine:yes: (unless she gives me some of hers as gifts:P !!!)

I am glad you are feeling better this morning. I would chalk this up to "stuff happens" -- I would definitely NOT ask my mother to pay for having the bags refurbished. It sounds like she has been very generous to you and to ask her to pay for refurbishing or look for some other type of "payback" just seems wrong.

I have a question...your mom always took great care of the bags she borrowed in the past, is it possible she lent these bags out to someone else? another family member maybe?

When she used my bags previously, it was during her visit (means she was with me) only for few days for each bag. This time I let her take the bags to home (over sea) for a couple of months (actually, close to three months)!

Her chevre Birkins took only a few months (I don't remember exact number of months..it was short period of time) to beat up to that condition. I know she uses her regular Birkins to go to gym, to run errands, going to flower arrangement lessons, grocery shopping...etc. But it does not mean that bags would be ruined by going those places...

She better not let those Birkins borrow other people! I hope NOT!! I will let go of the whole situation if SHE did the damage, but I won't let go of it if someone else did it!!!!!!! I will definetly have to ask her about that...

I am glad that you're feeling better today, Aspen. I guess some people are just very different in handling bags. Like some would treat theirs like babies (not place them on the floor) but others would not. It sounds like your mum didn't purposely do that to you based on what you said about the Chevre. It's just that she doesn't treat non exotic bags as preciously as exotics. I hope your mum decides to bring them for a spa.

Oh Aspen, how awful for you. And when the perpertrator is your mother it is all the worse. Togo is a great leather and can be brought back to new through visits to the spa. Run, don't walk them to the spa and then calmly talk with your mother and let her know just how much she hurt you by abusing your bags. Most of all, don't worry. Your bags will come back better looking and you've learned (we have all learned) to keep your treasured bags close to you.

Yes, most def no more bag sharing...I've had the exact same issue with my sister. She will literally DESTROY everything I let her borrow, so I just don't let her borrow any of my nice stuff anymore.

Assuming that you have a good healthy mutual relationship with your mom, I'd just tell her um.. Mom, bags...ruined...FIX THEM!!! :P Oh and in the mean time, pass me one of those crocs to use....or go with Ninja Sue's suggestion and take the Ostrich for your trouble :biggrin: It's no biggie if she understands the you-borrow-it-but-if-you-ruin-it-you-fix-or-replace-it concept (which normally I wouldn't whip out as it depends on the other person's situation, but both you and your Mom sound like Hermes junkies, so... :biggrin:). I'm sure she didn't mean to, but still, they are your precious bags, and she needs to realize that you love them all, not just the exotic ones. I'm glad you're feeling better today! :smile:

Aspen, I feel your pain but they are just bags and she is your mother. I wouldn't even tell her about it! Just send them to a spa and call it a day.
Also, after reading your original post, when you said you and her had an agreement to share bags, was it because she paid for those bags?

Just take them to the spa. Birkins are replaceable, Moms are not.

LOL
my thoughts: if i ever borrow anything of dd's when she's older and she doesn't like the condition i return the item in, i think i can safely win that argument by pointing out the "pre-" and "post-partum" versions of my body!!!:nuts:

LOL
my thoughts: if i ever borrow anything of dd's when she's older and she doesn't like the condition i return the item in, i think i can safely win that argument by pointing out the "pre-" and "post-partum" versions of my body!!!:nuts:

yup, no spa can deal with that.... (that would be MY pre and post bod...)

LOL Rose and HH.

Aspen:
I agree w/ LV addict. I don't think it's necessary to even talk to your mother. Just send it to a spa. afterall, bags are meant to be used. and people do use them differently.
I am glad you are feeling better! and see..now there is another reason to go to H!!!!:heart: