I am officially boycotting Neiman Marcus

Sorry for your woes with so many bad batches of bags, but to the defense of NM, at least they were nice enough to try to make it right on all accounts. They do have the best customer service and most liberal return policies of all the dept stores. I've had more than a couple nightmare stories with Bloomies and Saks.

You should go ahead and order it! The GD bag isn't as in demand as, say, the bags in the Premier Designer Handbags section, where the bags are so much more in demand and frequently oversold that there is more of a chance for your order to get screwed up. I ordered this bag from them a couple of weeks ago and I had ZERO problems with the order.

I find that there are more complaints rather than praises to NM.com on purseforum, so here is my part to balance it out a little :flowers:
Thanks for your input. I am still mulling it over a bit. The width on the bag according to Neiman's description is 21 inches. That sounds huge. I don't know if I would like carrying such a huge bag or not. I have to admit though, that the price is really tempting.

awww SuLi, i'm sorry about the bad luck NM streak...I hope everything works out...so do u get the check for the credit that you had or did u use it up on the Ferragamo bag?

either way, good luck to u !

.. You would think such an upscale store would have better CS and do whatever they can to suit the customers needs!

I think that they have been so successfully marketed, with people who do not usually purchase anything from "upscale" stores, making purchases from them just because of the perceived status of the box or bag, and the same phenomenon causing people to buy something at Neiman Marcus even when another upscale store in the same mall has the same item going for a lower price (hence the nickname "Needless Markup") that they don't really need to bother with what you or I might hope for in terms of approach to customer service.

There are even people who regard rude sales clerks in a store as evidence of the establishment's "upscalehood." I have even seen posts here from people expressing concern about how they and their clothing might be perceived by sales clerks in retail stores - the Xtreme edge of the effects of concentrated marketing and advertising practices so embedded in the culture that we now have people worried about what sales clerks think of their clothing - which to someone as unapologetically Old School as me seems like Bizarro World.

The sales clerk is there to serve YOU, the customer, who are always right, no matter whether the store is upscale or downscale or no-scale. It is a store.

It is there to sell you things. The clerks are there to sell you things. If you don't like the thing, it is the clerk's job to fix it, and if s/he can't fix it, find something else to sell you that you will like. No matter how big the store's ad is in Vogue, no matter what your ethnicity, what you are wearing, what accent you have, even if you use poor grammar and have bad teeth. Even if you are rude, which you should not be, but even if you are, you are right because you are the customer, and without you, there would be no store, and the clerk would be working somewhere else.

Oh, wait. That last one might not be so bad... ;)

Thank you for tolerating the rant. It's something of a pet peeve....

Aww, I'm so sorry!!!

Perhaps you should try to make sure that you get it right from the warehouse (and not another store)? My SA always orders them from the warehouse, so I'm usually really happy with what I end up getting :smile:

I also ordered a bulga pudding bag from NM. When I received it, I thought it might be a used one since I could not find a tag on it and it wore out in the corner. So sad.

Ugh. That sucks and I can't say I blame you. :sad:

If you have a credit on your NM charge card, do you have the option of gettng a check sent? I didn't know that...I may return my purchase last week that I made specifically because I thought I had to spend it. :confused1:

Update -

I just called NM.com to inquire about the strap for the Ferragamo. I was told yesterday that they were going to overnight it to me. I was just told that they couldn't find a strap and have contacted the manufacturer...which basically means I'm not going to see the strap for a while, if at all.

So, I am going to return the bag and write a letter to corporate. This is totally BS - is it too much to ask for an order to be complete?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sorry to hear about your woes. I had similar experiences with Saks recently. I got a used Chanel bag I ordered by phone, it was filthy and obviously used. Also, I ordered a chanel flap and it was crooked and the SA said that's normal, I was NOWAY, I'm not paying 1K for a crooked bag.

i absolutly HATE Neiman Marcus online! HATE. It is horrible to navigate, orders are always cancelled, and it's almost like playing a game getting ALL their instock items to show up on your screen. It's insane. I MUCH prefer Saks.com it's simple and to the point, my orders have NEVER been cancelled, AND i get my items usually within 1-3 days! NM always takes at least 10!!

I frequent NM in Tyson's VA and honestly.. some of their handbag SA's are okay, but others are horrible.. they definitely hound you.. and i am always dressed up. This one woman especially, omg. I always feel like telling her to remove the cucumber from her %$#!! I MUCH prefer male SA's.. they are always super sweet, funny, and helpful.. The male shoe SA's in that NM are awesome!

In general i think the SA's are much better at Sak's in Tyson's as well.. they're never stuck up, and always pretty helpful.. but their selection just isn't as good..

Sorry to hear about your woes. I had similar experiences with Saks recently. I got a used Chanel bag I ordered by phone, it was filthy and obviously used. Also, I ordered a chanel flap and it was crooked and the SA said that's normal, I was NOWAY, I'm not paying 1K for a crooked bag.

OMG, that happened to me too! The cerf tote I bought from them had soft, worn handles and a white handprint stain on it! It was horrible and obviously had been used - for a while. I promptly returned the bag and got it at the Chanel boutique, in pristine condition. I've been using it for a few months now through rainy weather etc. and it's still in MUCH better condition than the "new" one I got at Saks. Unbelievable!!

Sorry to hear about all the problems with NM, I never had any bad ones... until now at least... What is your experience with returns at NM.com?? I returned a couple of bags almost two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a refund... is this normal for them??