I am having a dilemma with classic medium flap.. please help

ynotlovit

Apr 10, 2015
Hello ladies.
I really need some advice that I decided to make a post. So before the recent price increase, I ordered my caviar medium flap in silver hardware through my kind SA at Chanel. It was my dream bag and I couldn’t see myself paying more since the price was already so high.. so I decided to pull the trigger although it was not a great time to make a purchase due to the shutdown. Surely the whole experience was somewhat crazy as I had to pay online and receive the bag at home. I got two defective bags, one had a caviar pebble already nipped at the CC lock which was a big shocker to me.. and the other had some leather cracks around the stitches they did to put the leather pieces together. The whole experience of reporting the flaws and taking pictures and proving my points to my SA and her manager was stressful. I was upset that I had to deal with this from paying all this money for a bag.. Meantime my mom ordered her jumbo through her and it had loose stitches everywhere as well. As we dealt with the defects, the price increased. My SA was kind enough to offer me buying the bags at the older prices in person once the boutique reopen. So I recently visited the store and managed to buy one. I saw 4 bags to find a good one and surprisingly all had different flaws I couldn’t get over with like flaps were uneven and some had stitching issues and etc.. especially at the crazy price. So I decided to bring one that looked the best after like one hour looking at them. I felt bad I had to trouble my SA but I couldn’t settle with whatever to please her. I never had this much trouble from buying a Chanel bag before. And yesterday.. I found a loose thread on the flap as I tried to open the box to use it for the first time.. at this point I am so fed up.. I really love the look of the bag so I want one so bad.. but I dont know what is wrong with the Chanel quality... my SA will fix the thread issue for me tmrw but I dont know if I should keep the bag. I feel like I wont be able to buy one at the older price in the future so Idk if I will regret my decision if I return it. What should I do? I hate all the 29 series classic flaps as they are so defective ☹️

Wow, that is crazy. I have several Chanel bags and they were all perfect at time of purchase, in fact, they are all fairly perfect still. I do not blame you, the bags are so expensive you need to love what you buy. Do not compromise, it’s perfect or do not make the purchase.

Reactions: ynotlovit
Wow, that is crazy. I have several Chanel bags and they were all perfect at time of purchase, in fact, they are all fairly perfect still. I do not blame you, the bags are so expensive you need to love what you buy. Do not compromise, it’s perfect or do not make the purchase.
Thank you so much for reading the long story and making an input! I really appreciate it! Yeah I think so. What bothers me is whether I am going to regret of returning it but I guess I will have to do it since I have had more than enough.. and thanks for sharing the fact that classic flaps actually came in perfect conditions

Hi there so sorry to hear of your experience. It’s totally unacceptable. I’ve had issues with Chanel minis - crooked flap, cracked leather, loose stitch - but did not return them, cos they were very popular and I felt I was lucky to even get to buy one. But I regretted settling later on, I couldn’t accept the flaws after all and ended up selling them away at losses.

I had classic flaps from 2011 and I didn’t have any issues with them. In recent years it seems I’m hearing more about quality issues.

If I were you I would return the bag. Sometimes a purchase is not meant to be at this moment. But it doesn’t mean you won’t be able to find a good flaw free classic bag next time :smile: or after some time had passed you may even find another bag more suitable for you and be happier with that bag. Good luck!

I experienced a fraction of this when looking to buy my WOC. Especially with crooked flaps-- that's something I couldn't (and wouldn't) look past. Especially for the prices... You're paying for things like quality. Don't settle!

Goodness! That's one roller-coaster of an experience!!
It's hard to imagine that we pay big bucks for "so-called luxury items" but we unfortunately we do.
Chanel keeps increasing their prices but their quality control has gone down the drain.

I would advise you to return your bag if you are unhappy.
The defects will irritate you to no end.
Don't settle and don't lose hope. Your perfect bag will soon be yours.

Thank you all for the genuine advices. They mean a lot and I can tell myself I am not crazy to complain about the issues I have been having.. I totally agree with you all and am indeed disappointed at Chanel’s quality.. and hopefully the brand will do something about it. I won’t settle! And again thank you for reading such a long story of my venting out of frustration. Stay safe you guys ☺️

When I read your story, it reminded me of what I went through to acquire my black caviar medium CF. I looked at 8 bags in total and all of them had flaws. You really do have to inspect your bag in person to ensure that you pick the best in the shipment or in the batch. I understand the range of emotions of shock, dismay and disappointment as the buying experience at Chanel should be positive and not full of anxiety. If you do a search, there is a thread on "Quality is getting worse, no more Chanel...", I invite you to read and view the pics and comments in that thread, it is rather eye-opening. I hope you do find one that is in near perfect condition and that you will be happy with.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1