I am a Dumbo shoulda bought the Jumbo

I feel your pain. But cheer up I'm sure you will get one ... One way or another

sorry for posting again but i've been following this and your "One way or another" reminds me of that song...

one way or another
i'm gonna find ya
i'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha... :P

I definitely know what you mean - Chanels as an investment (though I would never go there) would definitely be outdoing anything in my 401k... but seriously, don't you think it has to end somewhere? If they keep jacking up prices at this rate, they'll be $10k for a mini by the time my 4 year old starts high school! (by my unscientific calculation/projection)

I guess it's the same as with art: buy it cause you love it, all else will follow.

I can totally relate with you! I just started liking Chanel bags now and I've been doing some research on the prices of the bags I like and it absolutely pained me to discover that the Jumbo that I'm thinking of getting as well has increased more than a thousand US$? Incredible! I wish I had gotten into Chanel sooner!!

I can relate. I have other styles of chanel and kept meaning to get a flap. Bought double flap cavair Jumbo on Monday. Never would have guessed in a million years that prices on the would keep increasing so much. I can't justify in my mind of paying swo much for a purse. I got for 3700@ Saks, opened a new account got 10% off. The total was $3330 including 6% tax. I keep going back and forward on wether or not to return it. I don't tell family or friends how much I pay for things. Don't need the judgement. I'll let you gugs know what I decide. That's TPF is so great because I VENT. THANKS

Best.Title.Ever. :P OP, I'm sorry you missed out on the Jumbo when it was more reasonably priced, ahh... I'd look into pre-owned (you can find MINT bags for under retail) or bite the bullet now before yet another increase takes place!

The title of your thread is adorable!!

I think it says something that you still love it all this time later. The price will keep rising. I would buy her and love her now. Treasure her. Why wait? If you have the money to do it, act now, live for now, enjoy each day, and live fully!

Don't let the thoughts of your family or friends hold you back. You choose your happiness. :flowers:

You could always open a Saks card and get 10% off for your first purchase. I am a Saks lover, but I know Bloomingdale's and other department stores offer first time, new card holder deals as well.

Let us know what you decide.

Its such a fabulous, classic bag.

Yes same here, but I wanted a M/L flap. Everyone also thinks I am nuts to spend so much money on a bag. I read about the price increase on tPF and I wanted to buy one, but I didn't want to go alone. So eventually I didn't go to the Chanel store.. and I regret it ever since :cry: The M/L flap was 1740 euro and it's now 2450 euro. The price went more then 40% up, that's crazy :wacko: