I am a Dumbo shoulda bought the Jumbo

addiction

O.G.
Jul 27, 2007
New Jersey
I have been wanting the jumbo in caviar leather with gold hardware for years. Something always stops me and I find an excuse not to get it, now it is $3700. + 7% tax. I went to visit it the other day at the "Mother Ship" aka - The Short Hills Mall. I touch it, open, it, try it on and worship it but I can't seem to take the plunge I feel so guilty but if I bought it 2 years ago it would have been so much cheaper. I even took a picture with it in Saks NY last Christmas. My family and friends think I am certified nuts to spend this much on a handbag but this bag goes up in price quicker than a Picasso Painting! I am so mad at myself for not buying this bag thousands of dollars ago.

queenofchic

Mar 17, 2008
Been there, done that. Totally understand. There have been many times this has happened to me. The bag that you want is from the permanent collection. I anticipate prices of the classics will go up even more. If you love it that much & don't want to buy pre-owned, then I think you should just take the plunge now.

Sep 1, 2009
forum.purseblog.com
Lol I can't stop laughing. Sorry op, your post is a comic relief from a stressful day. I was reading about some picasso paintings found in his electrician's house.

Anyhoo, on a serious note, I feel your experiences aka regrets of not getting the 10c blue roi (which I wanted that time in ghw)

Last edited:

gbscia

O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
I thought when I bought my jumbo at $3000 that I paid so much but now that its $3700 I can't believe how much it keeps going up?

eunaddict

Attempting to be a #functionaladult
O.G.
Dec 11, 2008
Purseland <3
same here, i waited far too long to dip my greedy little hands into this chanel addiction and now, i can't justify spending ~4000 on a bag...specially when i'm still a full-time student >.<

do you girls really think the prices will keep going up up up up up?!

diva lee

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
I can totally understand how you're feeling b/c I'm mad at myself for not getting a caviar jumbo last year. Back then I thought it was expensive but now the price is even higher. I didn't anticipate so many crazy price increases!! Now I'm having an even harder time justifying the expense but I'm starting to think it's now or never for me. I can't imagine spending $4000+ for a jumbo flap in the coming months.

yummycake

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Understand completely.
I remember a couple years back when I was hesitant for getting a flap when it was still in the $2xxx
I recently got a flap for $3700 and the only way I can justify is by thinking that it will probably $4000+ couple years down the road.

It's never too late!:graucho:

AMJ

~More CHANEL~
O.G.
Jan 5, 2009
CA
You should get it if you really want it. The price will increase again. I totally understand your pain.

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
I would just wait and get it on Ebay, at least you won't be paying $3700 plus tax. There have been a few really nice preowned and even NEW ones popping up for a little bit less.

When I bought my Jumbo in April 2010, I got it for 2995$ which I thought was crazy. Glad I went through with it now. I feel even better buying my M/L for $2450, and that was mid-late 2009.