Hypothetically....Rouge vif vs Violette

Ladies, thank you so much! The chevre vs courchevel seems to change everything. I am still undecided, so some lunches and trying sessions may be in order.......

Rose, I see the violette on you...it would be gorgeous... And...it has a "pop"...yet seems subtle, neutral in a way as well... And chevre...absolutely yes... Only thing I am unsure of is the size...but I really like the idea of violette...it seems more "you" than bj or rouge VIF... Yep...can really see it...

Rose, I see the violette on you...it would be gorgeous... And...it has a "pop"...yet seems subtle, neutral in a way as well... And chevre...absolutely yes... Only thing I am unsure of is the size...but I really like the idea of violette...it seems more "you" than bj or rouge VIF... Yep...can really see it...

I am getting to try on Ninja Sue's Bolide in the small size this week. I did try the 31 cm one and it was perfect so you are probably right about the size.

Rose, I am guessing that as you said you have mostly black bags, then you may have quite a bit of black in your wardrobe, like me! I have a couple of Rouge Vif bags, I love all the Hermes reds, and I personally find that against all my black it is just the right pop of colour. The violette is lovely but IMO doesnt look as good against blacks and grays as the red. I have small 27cm bolide in cyclamen which is also in the purple color family which I only use as a cocktail party, going out bag, whereas my red Ardennes Bolide goes out to play all the time! Go for RED!!

Attachments

• DSC02126.JPG
    DSC02126.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 50
Rose, I am guessing that as you said you have mostly black bags, then you may have quite a bit of black in your wardrobe, like me! I have a couple of Rouge Vif bags, I love all the Hermes reds, and I personally find that against all my black it is just the right pop of colour. The violette is lovely but IMO doesnt look as good against blacks and grays as the red. I have small 27cm bolide in cyclamen which is also in the purple color family which I only use as a cocktail party, going out bag, whereas my red Ardennes Bolide goes out to play all the time! Go for RED!!
Oh, Lovely!

I know I'm late to the party but......as a Black/Neutral girl as well, I'd opt for the bag that is chic in an understated, subtle way. The one that adds just that touch of color and sophistication. I'd go Violette in a hot second vs. the red.

When I was looking for a little grab-n-go bag, my SA recommended the 27cm Bolide as an option because with the strap it's a great throw-the-essentials-in and go bag. It can also be used as an evening bag.

Violette get my vote. Yep!!!!

^^^ I totally agree with shopmom.

Also late to the party. But I also totally concur with the chevre vs courcheval. I personally could not do chevre (at present) but thats only because I have a pet goat (dont ask!!) and DD would KILL ME...

But I think it is a beautiful leather, one which I love to look at and admire, and I think this color is such a lovely shade of violet---eyecatching but at the same time soft and easy to look at.

(of course, I love RED, too, but if pressed, this is what I would say)

gee, i wonder if that helped
:confused1:

Pepper This is totally off topic but my DH just read your siggy and HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT AND AGREES, EXCEPT he says that someday is TODAY!!!

MG325, well, he (my DH anyway...but...they?) is/are right...but...it's so hard to say no!! Just when I think, "this will be the last one" there is always another...and tPF only makes the problem worse...:smile: